Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop of Rochester
The smiling, homophobic Dr Michael Nazir-Ali, the Bishop of Rochester has been at it again. On the day of London Pride he called on gay people to repent when he said, "We welcome homosexuals, we don’t want to exclude people, but we want them to repent and be changed."

Sorry, Bish, but I only see the need to apologise when I've done something wrong.

What I don't understand is why homosexual liaisons and relationships are seen as a legitimate target for attack. The good bishop might get closer to a real issue were he to tackle all whose selfish and destructive behaviour is contributing to an unravelling of fairness and decency in society. I would maintain that society would be better off if the massively easy target of gays were not scapegoated for so many ills. If the path to building loving, stable relationships were a little smoother for all maybe the Bishop would not have cause to speak out. I guess this attack by the Bishop is like a hobby. In his day job he speaks out against "Canadian-style" multiculturalism and calls for Muslims to integrate more fully into British society. His outspokenness on this and similar issues has earned him police protection from the Kent force. Now there's an issue that is important :frown:

Is this the Gay Bishop that Ur talking about? cos if it is then he'll B bashin some1's bishop!!

I think you are mixing him up with someone else. Bishop Nazir-Ali married Valerie Cree in 1972, after they met in Cambridge. They have two sons, Shammy (Shamoun) and Ross, both now adults.

Of course, as we know, marriage is not always proof of orientation, but your suggestion seems unlikely ... unless you are saying he is protesting too much?

OK so Who's the Bishop that was in the news lately because he's gay?

Are you thinking of Jeffrey John, Bishop of Reading? Or maybe Gene Robinson, Episcopal Bishop in New Hampshire ...? Both these are very old news stories though.

Dr John (was he also a Night Tripper Wink ) was chased out of his Bishop's job in Reading by homophobic nutters, but has since been appointed the Dean of St Albans Cathedral (where a young marshlander was constrained to sit every year on his school's founder's day).