Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Single All The Way': Netflix Uncovers Glimpses Of First Gay Holiday Rom-com
Netflix recently unveiled thrilling glimpses of its upcoming movie, Single All The Way, which will be the first gay holiday romantic comedy. Take a look.

[Image: 012dgsskt7hyaito_1633582576.jpeg]

As Netflix has been announcing numerous upcoming projects for this year, it recently gave a sneak peek at the upcoming movie, Single All the Way through social media.

The movie will feature prolific actors namely Michael Urie, Philemon Chambers, Kathy Najimy, Jennifer Coolidge, Dan Finnerty and more.

Netflix reveals Single All the Way first looks

Taking to Instagram, Netflix recently shared a series of pictures from its upcoming first gay rom-com, Single All The Way, in which it depicted the first looks of the entire cast of the film. Netflix further revealed the plotline of the film in the caption that read, “Peter (@michaelurielikesit) convinces his best friend Nick (@philemonchambers) to pretend to be his boyfriend for the holidays in order to get his family (@kathynajimy & @theofficialjencoolidge) off his back. But when his mom sets him up on a blind date with her handsome trainer (@ten_minutes_younger), the plan goes awry.” (sic) It was further revealed that the new holiday movie will hit the Netflix screens on 2 December 2021.

Single All the Way cast

Directed by Michael Mayer, the movie will showcase Michael Urie as Peter, Philemon Chambers as Nick, Kathy Najimy as Carole, Jennifer Coolidge as Aunt Sandy, Luke Macfarlane as James, Barry Bostwick as Harold, Jennifer Robertson as Lisa and others.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I'm glad to hear about this, and while it may be Netflix's first gay holiday romantic comedy, it's not "the" first.

Hulu last year had "Happiest Season", and Lifetime Network had "The Christmas Set Up".
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I just finished watching it!

I was skeptical at the beginning but thoroughly enjoyed it. Made me a little sad though because some people have all the luck (I know it's a movie but it does happen in real life).

I watched a Youtube channel claiming that Netflix is just cashing in on gays and the movie is nothing new (gay couple instead of straight couple) but honestly, for a gay guy from South East Asia like me, it is refreshing to see positivity all around of a family supporting his gay son etc. At one moment, I thought, hey, maybe this is my life in another alternate universe. 

Anyways, that was fun to watch.

Cool, I'm glad you liked it!

If you're able to find them, you should give "The Christmas Set Up" and "Dashing In December" a try. I thought they were good.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Jay

(02-26-2022, 05:30 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: Cool, I'm glad you liked it!

If you're able to find them, you should give "The Christmas Set Up" and "Dashing In December" a try.  I thought they were good.

Are these on Netflix? No worries, I'll see if these two are on my Netflix. 

'Single All the Way' was my second or was it the third gay rom-com I've watched on Netflix. The first was 'Special', a tv series - which I regret watching because I dislike the main character soooooooooooo much. Too self centered and rude.

But anyway, I'll check 'The Christmas Set Up' and 'Dashing in December'

Thanks!