Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Sexual Interest Ever Come Back?
Hey everyone!
Hope you're all well.

Recently my boyfriend of four years admitted he has no sexual desire/attraction towards me anymore, and hasn't for some time.

Obviously I was pretty shaken up, but we still love eachother and want to spend the rest of our lives together, but I would really love to have the sex back.  Blush
Does this kind of attraction/desire ever come back?
Any of you have experiences like this?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I know you guys won't let me down. Big Grin
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Does he have a sex drive at all? Has there been other trouble in your relationship? There could be so many different things that could be going on and I definitely don't want to speculate.

I have had relationships go sexless but probably not for the same reasons. The important thing is that your partner does love you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you as you said and that means a lot, whereas in my case it was love that was missing (from the start to be honest).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Genersis

I probably should have said, we are in an open relationship.

Neither of us are extraverts, but we both meet a handful of guys over a year and it works. 
Admittedly it works better for him as I get performance anxiety but I am still working on that. Still bothers me though. Dodgy

It's hard to gauge his sex drive as I don't notice anything until he has a meet set up.
My sex drive is definitely higher than his.

There hasn't been any trouble in our relationship outside of this. Though there has been a lot of stressful happenings over the last few years.

Sorry to hear about your experience with a loveless relationship InbetweenDreams.
It has crossed my mind that this may be a step towards that, I hope my bf would be honest with me if the relationship does end up there.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I am not sure if this is the definitive answer but I do know that love and sex don't always arrive at the same place. I think it is expected that if you love someone the sexual desire is part of the love and alot of times the lack of sexual desire is viewed as a "not loving me anymore" indication.

I think it is an excellent sign that he is honest though because being honest and open to communication is the ultimate key in any relationship IMO. Maybe find out what it is that turns him on and vice versa and see if you can share it with him on some level.

BTW - nice to see you Gen!
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • Genersis