Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi...
Hi,
Matt here - 26 and from Norfolk. Been with my other half 6 years now, married for 3, and have joined for somewhere to discuss things.
Currently a Student Ambulance Paramedic (3 years to go until I qualify), after working for 5 years in IT.

I'm a keen photographer and musician, and have a few pretty geeky hobbies.
I don't get out too much on 'the scene' anymore, preferring a quiet drink with some mates... I must be getting old.
Look forward to some good discussions/laughs/grumbles!

Matt

Allo and welcome! Woah sounds cool! :biggrin: What exactly did you do in IT? :biggrin: and I think you will find this site pretty awesome for general discussion dude Rolleyes
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

hey dude, welcome.

I was the 'Technical Lead' for a Service Desk - looking after about 9,000 users.
Started off as a technical role, but the more I got involved with things, the more I was supporting the other people on the desk to support the users.

I only wanted to be in the job a month!

LOL wow! Was it a good job though? :biggrin: And what made you switch career paths? :eek:
[/COLOR]

I was with the Coastguard for a few years as an auxilliary/medic. Fun while it lasted, but it works the same way as a retained fireman - and sadly the job I was in at the time didn't pay enough, so I had to switch to one in Norwich - about an hour's drive away.
Eventually I could only respond at the weekends, and that put a strain on my relationship, and also wasn't fair for the CG team, so I've been looking to get into something similar for years.

Finally it's all worked out - but I've been trying for years now, and its only just recently that everything seems to have slotted into place. Confusedmile:

m0pto Wrote:I was with the Coastguard for a few years as an auxilliary/medic. Fun while it lasted, but it works the same way as a retained fireman - and sadly the job I was in at the time didn't pay enough, so I had to switch to one in Norwich - about an hour's drive away.
Eventually I could only respond at the weekends, and that put a strain on my relationship, and also wasn't fair for the CG team, so I've been looking to get into something similar for years.

Finally it's all worked out - but I've been trying for years now, and its only just recently that everything seems to have slotted into place. Confusedmile:

That's pretty awesome to be honest. Its nice to have a job that you know is really helping people! How is Norwich? :biggrin: and where are you from originally? If you don't mind me asking like :biggrin: x
[/COLOR]

Why anyone would trade in sitting in a warm office in reasonable proximity to a coffee machine during daylight hours for working variable cramped conditions at all hours with occasional access to a brew is utterly beyond me. However I'm glad there are people who would.

Welcome to GS.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hello M0pto... I am Marshlander's partner so I got a first hand account of the pride in Norwich. Hello from France and Welcome to GaySpeak. Glad you were able to find us here... Talk soon. Wavey
PA

Twazzle - Norwich is good, and I originally come from the North Norfolk coast, so not much of a move really.
Fredv3b - I've done my time in an office - I'm an outdoors type of person!
Princealbertofb - Hi, bonjour... that's about all I can do in French!