Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Swift's Pride Message
Taylor Swift shares powerful Pride month message during Chicago ‘Eras Tour’ concert

By Alli Rosenbloom

Taylor Swift kicked off the Chicago leg of her "Eras Tour" Friday night with a powerful Pride month message in support of the LGBTQ community.

“I’m looking out tonight and I’m seeing so many incredible individuals who are living authentically and beautifully,” Swift said at Chicago’s Soldier Field, adding “this is a safe space for you, this is a celebratory space for you.”

Swift went on to tell the audience how “prideful” she feels when she gets to sing her equality anthem, "You Need to Calm Down", with them “in such solidarity, in such support of one another, in such encouraging, beautiful acceptance and peace and safety.”

“We can’t talk about Pride without talking about pain,” she said, pivoting from her celebration of the community to the realities of the current political climate. She brought up what she called recent “harmful pieces of legislation that have put people in the LGBTQ and queer community at risk.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/04/entertain...index.html
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!