Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay scene up north?
I kinda feel like there's this whole scene out there I can't get into, y'know?
I live extremely up north; and it's like nothing ever comes up here. I want to try and go to a gay bar or gay pride and build my confidence by sort of throwing myself in, but up here I can't even get my feet wet.
I mean, the lack of openly gays is bad enough, but the older I get, the more it feels like I don't have an outlet for really expressing myself...
Like.. I would just love to do something with other gay teens, just to be around other people like myself; but lately it seems like I really am the only gay in the village - and it's kinda of an isolating feeling.
I know there's more to life than being gay and everything, but I still wish I could just see the gay scene and get involved with it. I feel like sometimes I'm obligated to ignore my sexuality and put up with being alone, just because no one here shares my orientation.

Anyone else go/going through the same sort of thing? Any advice you could give would be very welcome Smile

I don't know much about the gay scene but if you build it they will come! Roflmao.

Nah just do some googling for gay erm clubs doesn't sound like the right word but i imagine someone else knows what i mean.

Dunno deary, you really are VERY far up north. I can assure you there will be other people up there who are gays. But the nearest place i can think of where there's anything recognisable as a scene would be Inverness, ad that's a fair quest away.

Really there's nowhere in the North of Scotland where the scene is particularly happenin. Try a city, though for a better chance of a reasonable concentration of gays.

Problem with the scene up north is that because it's so small people have these ideas above their station, and think they're like way cooler and better looking than they are. It also makes the people a lot more judgemental. Which is bad.

All in all, you're not missing much unless you can get further south. Hope that helps.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:... It also makes the people a lot more judgemental ...
That explains a lot Wink

marshlander Wrote:That explains a lot Wink
SCUSE ME??

:frown::frown:

Rofl