Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Philosophy in Life
Do you have a philosophy by which you live your life?

Ever since I finished my university degree and had my breakdown a couple years back now, I have felt lost. Only in the the last week did I come across something that gave me a sense of purpose.

If you could jump ahead in time to 50 years in the future, and you were still in the same place, same job, same mindset as you were; what would you regret not doing?

When I read that, I thought to myself, I would regret a lot of things. Things that I could be doing right now. So I've made a vow that in one year I want to have at least five things I can say I don't regret. Not just little things, but big ones too. So having decided this, I can tell you I have already found myself feeling much happier.

So is there a philosophy by which you live your life?

My first philosophy is to not be an asshole unlike some people^^^^
But really my philosophy in life is to bring happiness and peace with you and to whoever you meet. Kinda make things better in your own ways. Who knows, maybe it will eventually make a difference or come back around to you.

I have certain rules i live my life by:

1. Never leave a man behind ( doesnt have to have military sence )
2. Life is better when its shared
3. I work to live not live to work
4. Never judge someone by another persons view
5. If it seems stupid, it probably is so do it anyway and if you dont die then you won
6. Every day you dont smile is a day wasted
7. If everything is going good then summits wrong
8. And never get in the way of incoming fire

and my 2 new ones

9. be proud your gay bazz
10. tell the ones you love how much they mean to you every day as life is so easily taken away.

My main tenant for life is “Try everything once except folk dancing and incest.”

Thomas Beecham was a clever guy.

kitschcamp Wrote:My main tenant for life is “Try everything once except folk dancing and incest.”

Thomas Beecham was a clever guy.
I'm not tempted by the incest, but my earnings would be very much reduced without folk-dancing. Come to one of my band's gigs. I guarantee you a good time Rolleyes

Thomas Beecham was a man about whom I have mixed feelings. Sir Adrian Boult found him repulsive as a man and a musician and he is definitely not someone I would have liked to have met. His musical interpretations often rode roughshod over the original scores although I have to take my hat off to someone who could conduct a Stravinsky score with only two days' prep. There are many stories about him including the cruel comment to the orchestra when Leon Goosens, a world famous oboist known (among other things) for an expressive vibrato, delivered an A for the rest of the band to tune to. Beecham apparently remarked, "There you are, gentlemen, take your pick!" Funny, but very cruel! The "folk dancing and incest" quote is an odd one. It is also attributed to many others including Oscar Wilde, Sir Arnold Bax, Noel Coward and George S Kaufman.

Sorry, went off on one there :redface:

Personal philosophy ... ? I suppose the following are important to me:

No one has all the answers.
Shut up and listen.
Clear up afterward.

There are all sorts of wonderful quotes attributed to him. One of the cruelist to a cellist was "Madam, between your legs you have a magnificent instrument and all you can do is scratch it."

He was not known for treating women with respect :frown:

marshlander Wrote:Come to one of my band's gigs. I guarantee you a good time Rolleyes

SOUNDS GOOD, WHEN??

marshlander Wrote:The "folk dancing and incest" quote is an odd one. It is also attributed to many others including Oscar Wilde, Sir Arnold Bax, Noel Coward and George S Kaufman.

Almost every quote is attributed by at least someone to Oscar Wilde.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.