Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Baynham - murder investigation
Be careful, folks, it is still happening :frown: Ian Baynham was assaulted and died from his injuries sustained in an attack in Trafalgar Square. Police have arrested two seventeen year old girls and an eighteen year old boy.

Condolences to his family and friends.

link

Further to the above, a vigil is planned for Friday, 30th October between 8-10pm.

details

gay man who was killed becase he was gay. very very sad.marshlanderr what is it happening .

It's sad that these thinks still happen, my thoughts and prayers are with the
family.

Wow, isn't Trafalgar Square a very busy public area? That's pretty bold to attack someone somewhere so busy and open.

That is precisely it, LL4. Trafalgar Square is a very busy public area.

I managed to get to the "vigil" on Friday. Apparently 10,000 others did too ... is this really what 10,000 people look like?

[Image: vigil28pink.jpg]

The two minutes' silence and Sue Perkins reading out the names of 30 people who had been killed in homophobic incidents over the past ten years, were moving and central to the evening. A lot of other people were trotted out to deliver speeches, some of which had little to do with Ian Baynham and the grief his family and friends must be experiencing. Despite compère, Sandi Toksvig's assertion that this was not a "political event", Chris Bryant took the usual opportunity for a bit of political point-scoring and, as usual, the SWP parasites were there in some force (where is the far left when we need defending against racially, culturally and religiously motivated hate?). :mad:

People respond to emotional situations in some odd ways. I found it difficult to find a place to stand from where I could hear the speakers. It wasn't made any easier by people who stood in the crowd and spoke to each other very loudly. A moment of quiet reflection in Trafalgar Square seems to be a contradiction. I think all the emergency vehicles in London turned out for the occasion.

At least the incidence of rising homophobic hate crime is being noticed through collective acts like this.

i wish i went it

marshlander Wrote:Despite compère, Sandi Toksvig's assertion that this was not a "political event", Chris Bryant took the usual opportunity for a bit of political point-scoring

The man seems congenitally unable not to make a party political point. Sometimes I am surprised he doesn't blame bad weather on the Tories.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Sadly, there is more. Another middle-aged man was attacked in London on Saturday.

Gay man attacked in Ilford, London - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News