Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC or Mac?
I didn't see a debate on this yet, so I said what the hell. Personally I have always used PC's for everything, and I am partial to them. Plus when I heard that the Mac OS is not compatible with nearly any commercially available game it made me chuckle. So yeah, PC or MAC?

We've had many of debates on mac Vs PC.

I stand on the side of mac/linux I've spent nearly my whole life on Windoze spent 4-5 years studying how to repair the computers, which quite frankly is a joke.
So i realized fuck that their always a pain to fix I'll just buy a mac.

Will never look back as many will know.

Quite frankly anyone who says mac is shit without trying has no argument.

Also a big fan of Linux I run it on many things I have it on a netbook and i have two servers currently running Ubuntu servers.

Windows has fallen and their only chance to climb is windows 7 which is brilliant i must say.
But they still lack in the hardware compared to Mac, Mac uses such brilliant hardware in such a way that it completes the machine.
No shitty plastic cases aluminium baby!
They even goto the detail of putting ECC memory in these things which quite frankly is memory you would see in servers not desktop computers.
it has sensors everywhere feeding the mac information.

Mac's are and will stay for a longtime bloody good, and no PC guru can tell me other.

I am interested in them, but Ive always bought windows because of the $.:frown: I heard they don't get virus's, or at least not as bad. But what do you do to upgrade your Mac, without having to go out and buy a whole new one?

You really don't upgrade computers that much anymore.

A mac is the same as a PC essentially its just really the design of some of the boards and how its all connected you still have the same ability to upgrade.
Idea is though you buy one and their is no need to upgrade it.

My iMac at work is at least 2-3 years old now and still running like a dream.

Mac's can get viruses anything can get a virus but its the way users are setup which really stops people getting them.
But yeah less viruses are made for mac because they have a smaller market share, and less people use them.

I'd been a long time Windows user, since Windows 3 in 1990. I made the switch last year. Finally after nearly 20 years I'd had enough of working around problems, fixing, re-installing, etc etc.

Don't regret it for a moment.

My partner made the switch earlier this year, my Dad a few months ago, and I've bought my second Mac (a Macbook to go with the Mac Mini).

It'd come up to anti-virus renewal time, and I had to send an email to the AV company we use saying we didn't need to renew 5 licences any more, we only needed one as we'd switched to Mac. A lady mailed back saying they'd had a lot of mail saying that recently.

Mac aint perfect, but it's more perfect than anything else I've ever used.

CardShark Wrote:Mac's can get viruses anything can get a virus but its the way users are setup which really stops people getting them.
But yeah less viruses are made for mac because they have a smaller market share, and less people use them.

kitschcamp Wrote:My partner made the switch earlier this year, my Dad a few months ago, and I've bought my second Mac (a Macbook to go with the Mac Mini).

[COLOR="Purple"]
Scared Scared Scared SCARY Scared Scared Scared

Macs are really terrible machines. Please dont buy a Mac. You will regret it. Customer service is horrible as they speak English as a first language (fill in your own native lang here). Everything they say about them being perfect is a big fat lie and they need to reinvent themselves over and over. There are ZILLIONS of virus waiting to be created once the general public knows how horrible they are.

Please stay with your PCs and Zune players Luvkiss [/COLOR]

I use both and have done for many years. My first Mac (late 80s) had a screen the size of a postage stamp and a massive 512k memory Wink

These days I use a five-year old Apple G4 Powerbook for my music applications. It travels with me everywhere (including suffering the indignities of airport security at least twice a month) and apart from some problems just as the warranty was running out a few years ago it has been pretty solid ... specially once I sorted out a workround for an occasional software conflict with one particular application. I'd like to upgrade to a Macbook Pro in order to be able to run the latest versions of my favourite workhorse programs (Sibelius, Logic and Pro-Tools), but I can still do everything I really need for my work at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

I had a Dell pc for several years which was a recurring nightmare. Inexplicable conflicts caused so many problems I was constantly fault-finding to make the thing work. It arrived with a spec as offered in the brochure, but it turned out that the soundcard was incompatible with some of the other hardware they had installed. They had not done their homework and I shall never buy Dell again. Their customer service after a sale was non-existent. Out of sheer bloody-mindedness (and having more anger than work at the time) I once sat on the phone for three days waiting for them to answer!! :mad: Nearly three years ago I had a local trader build me one to my spec. He used quality, whisper-quiet components and I have plenty of memory. It has worked fine. I use it for pretty much everything else, which in my case is mainly internet and office applications. The only thing I have had to replace was the keyboard which obviously couldn't cope with my ham-fisted hammering. Since he is an independent sole-trader, and has a shop in town a few miles away I have access to any support I need, but I haven't really needed it. I paid well over the odds compared with the mass of PC prices (in fact comparable with mid-priced Macs), but it has proven worth it and I would do the same again were the need to arise. I feel that, in both cases, I got what I paid for.

I still think the argument over which is better is a bit redundant. What applications do you want to run? How much do you want to spend?

Quite. These days most of my computer usage at home is internet, email, chat, word processing and accounts for the farm. All that is pretty much the same on any platform.

Then it comes down to ease of use, reliability and budget.

At work I have to use a Windows machine. My work laptop is evil. It is hideously unreliable and so so slow! It - in theory - has a faster processor etc than my Macbook. You wouldn't know it.

Mac, cause i'm designing.
Studying that is.

Windows... lags...

I'm a computer technician and for the longest time I was a Windows Fan. I'm know completely away from windows on my computers. I've decided that I would run Kubuntu. Its similar to the windows desktop but man no problems. Shucks I can play a movie on here without it lagging like it did in Windows.

I don't own a mac but my Uncle and some other relatives do. I've used his before and I'm in love with his. I told him before don't be surprised if it isn't there in the morning.

Microsoft is to worried about releasing things right away to gain revenue instead of really testing and configuring anything. Thats the problem they don't give enough time for it to get completely worked out. Look at Vista. It was worse then ME and WIndows ME sucked too. Hopefully windows 7 is the new XP.