Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technological Guru needed
Okay I'm kinda freaking out here. My laptop just crashed and I have no idea why. When I tried to restart it my OS wouldn't open. I tried the system repair, but all that has gotten me is a blank screen. Any idea why I should do. My OS is Windows Vista, could that be the problem?

you usually get a recovery cd with your laptop.

I don't recall that coming with the laptop when I bought it.

need more detail in how it boots.

what screens do you see, what do they say etc?

[COLOR="Navy"]Okay when I turn it on a Windows Error Recovery screen pops up saying Windows failed to start and wanting me to launch start-up repair. When I click start-up repair it attempts to load the OS and just goes blank, nothing happens. When I try to start Windows normally, it takes me to the blue screen of death and restarts taking me back to the error recovery screen.

It also says a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. When it crashed I was on itunes as well as trying to load a picture and the computer made a funny noise and just froze then crashed. [/COLOR]

what kind of noise?

The only way I can describe it, is it was like the sound of a CD skipping.

on booting up keep tapping f8 till it brings up a window where you can boot into safe mode.

Okay, I choose to enter it into safe mode but now it seems frozen on the screen showing all the drivers loaded, at the bottom it says please wait. How long is normal?

dunno varies on the problem give it 5-10 minutes.

If it doesn't seem like its doing anything you're gonna have to find the recovery cd.