Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking to myself
If I spent the time I'm on the internet on other stuff... like... doing workouts... I'd be in real good shape right now.

What am I doing here?

Coz I'm addicted to internet.

Man... that sucks... I'm addicted to internet!!

Big deal... it's better than being addicted to many other things... like women or gambling...

So if I'm going to spend so much time on the internet, I'd better see to it that it does me good, rather than harm.

Is internet GOOD for you, or is it HARMFUL to you?

I think it's both.

It's good coz it gives me the feeling of 'connectivity' and 'interactivity' that I need to stay sane,

But it's bad coz you might lose the grip on reality.

So as long as I keep it in balance, everything is OK.

But once it starts to lose the balance, things are gonna go bad...

You start to malfunction, and make mistakes.

You start to slip and you start to fall.

But it's OK... it's never too late to correct things. To go the other way.

From going bad to worse, I can make it go from bad to tolerable.

I've got to get my act together. I've got to stay afloat.

I can't let my credit card get maxed up every month, I've got to take care of shit like that.... So stupid....

However, the internet is still a good influence on me, and therefore internet stays. It is GOLF that has to go.

I hit my left knee with my golf club by accident, and now it's swollen to the size of a small orange.

Just as well... I was going to quit playing golf for a while anyway...

But it hurts like hell...

Damn! Hope you get better soon. No Lasting damage I hope?

[COLOR="Purple"]Amigo you can always find some gay workout routine on the internet... maybe even one that exercises your knee. Doesnt sound very nice, knees are kinda important.

I believe that you are correct about some being addicted to the internet and to our modern way of communication.

For those of us who are disabled the internet can open a whole new world. Due to this site I feel, and I hope some agree, that I have many new friends who are very real and they live all over the world. Such a thing wasnt remotely possible in the past.

I am lucky that when I step outside I dont have any communication device. I wont get a cell phone or anything like that so I AM FREE AND LOVE LOVE LOVE BEING FREE.[/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:I am lucky that when I step outside I dont have any communication device. I wont get a cell phone or anything like that so I AM FREE AND LOVE LOVE LOVE BEING FREE.

Oh my god, I so envy that!! Having no mobile phone around the neck!

I'm forever chained to my mobile phone. I regret the day I first owned it. I've not been able to get rid of it ever since.

But I did manage to take a break for about couple of hours...

Apparantly I left my phone on the arcade machine at the mall... you know, the driving game, Burnout 3? I played it with my son and apprantly I left it there.

I only realized it when I got home...

Anyway... it was about two hours of freedom, and it was refreshing.

You can always turn it off.Sheep

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:You can always turn it off.Sheep

[COLOR="Purple"]I think there is something psychological about having the damn things... always kinda thinking/then checking DID HE REPLY YET??? Ugh, No. WTF... Scared and it carries on from there.

When you have nothing to turn on or off then you have nothing to check and your mind can be FREE FREE FREE Scatter [/COLOR]

Richard : I wish I could turn it off whenever I want to, but if I could do that, I wouldn't be so sick of the phone.

I rarely look at my phone to check if I got any msg or not.

I try to use it as little as possible. Only to save my job, and my relationship.

If I ever forget to answer her call, all hell breaks lose.

If I turned it off, even worse.