Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to Death
As the Sun burns, it gets bigger and bigger, and eventually it will scorch the planets, one by one.

Mercury goes first, then Venus, then Earth...

And when this happens, we're all going to die. Not just the humans, but every life form on earth. Even the cockroaches.

There is very little certainty in life, in fact, there's only ONE certainty, and that is death.

As surely as the sun will rise, we will all die.

May be not today, not tomorrow, but one day, it's going to happen.

I embrace this certainty, and I find peace.

I can let go of my life, and I can relax, knowing that there is nothing I can do to stop the Sun from burning everything to ashes. There is nothing I can do to stop death.

Then, life becomes precious. It becomes worth living.

So I'm happy that I'm alive, and that I still have many years to live, before I finally die.

And I forget about shooting myself in the head or jumping off the building.

Thanks to our certain death, I can start to live once again.

That's how I see it too!

That's how it is.

We live, then we die.

Trying not to die is like trying not to breath.

The harder you try, the more painful it gets.

In the end, you will fail in both.

Eventually you will die, and eventually you will breath.

Breathe, surely?? The verb is spelled and pronounced differently, in spite of what the Americans would have you believe... :tongue: :tongue:

Personally i don't take any comfort in the inevitability of death. Just because everything must have a beginning and an end doesn't make it just or comforting to me. It's what happens after that counts.

Infamy,infamy they've all got it in fer me.What the ehum!

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Breathe, surely?? The verb is spelled and pronounced differently, in spite of what the Americans would have you believe... :tongue: :tongue:

Personally i don't take any comfort in the inevitability of death. Just because everything must have a beginning and an end doesn't make it just or comforting to me. It's what happens after that counts.

Breath : Pronounced like 'Breeth', is verb.
Breath : Pronounced like 'bread', is noun.

That's how I learned it in school... I don't know if it's American English, or English English.

You seem pretty sure something will happen AFTER you die. What happens after you die?

Here in the UK breathe, the verb, has an 'e' on the end which encourages the soft 'th' sound (as in 'the' rather than the harder sound in 'thanks').

Sorry, there's me being a grammar nazi again...

Lol. The movie 2012 made me paranoid about this, but now i don't really care