Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AS. Aspergers Syndrome
Hi ... for Christmas I got Aspergers Syndrome. Does any one else suffer from this ?

I do Laugh
How exactly does one "get it" for christmas though; methinks you may have had it before and just gone unnoticed lol

Merry Christmas though xD

Edit: Would hardly call it suffering. Doesn't exactly make you any different all of a sudden

What i meant by that is recently diagnosed as of the 23rd wich is why i havent been posting as much as i normally do.

Oh right. So how has the diagnosis affected you then, may I ask?

It hasnt affected me as much now. But when i was a kid i wish i would have known so those chapters in my life would make a bit more sense. I think it helps explain a few things. Now i dont know what to do with myself like what to do next.

Yeah, I see how you mean about the past actually - kinda feel the same there; but there's no need to let it affect your future. Whatever you wanted to do before can still be done now

Yes I need to really focus on the future. How am i going to explain this to my boyfriend ? Do you have AS ?

Sorry to hear of your problems, Curt, but delighted you have a diagnosis. Now you know you have Aspergers things should begin to fall into place, I hope? I have worked a few times with the local social group for young people who live with Asperger's Syndrome and we have had a lot of fun. They have just produced a film about the activities of their group and I hear that the music we made together is featured heavily throughout the film. Strangely I had to start work on a project 80 miles away to bump into the film's editor, whom I did not know previously, and for him to recognise me from the film! Weird the way things happen.

Back to the A.S. explain it to your boyfriend the same way you might explain anything else. It is not an illness so he's in no danger. If he loved you before he can love you now and you can both face the future with hope that things are going to get better for you as you work out what this all means and you learn to find strategies to help you cope with things you may have found difficult.

I hope you are able to see this diagnosis as a good Christmas present!

Good luck
Bighug

Hi Curt,
Sounds like good news and bad news. I have read that people usually improve in many ways once Aspergers is diagnosed, so that's not so bad. But we would all prefer to be a model of perfect health obviously. A better understanding of the past will also help you to work towards a better future. I suppose it feels a bit like coming out again, having to explain things to significant others. You could tell your boyfriend in a letter, so that he can gather his thoughts together and respond in a more informed way when he sees you. I'm sure he will be supportive and will love you as much as ever.
I got a bad cold for Christmas and passed it on to my boyfriend of course.
Lots of big virtual hugs (at least you can't catch any bugs that way)
Peter

Ok first of all I am defenently not seeing this as a good thing in anyway. Its just another oe of those things that make me even more effed. No pun inteneded. I dont want to be different anymore i never did. I just wanna like every other person out there. I hate the way people look at me when im out in public and i try very hard to blend in. Its not easy too look good and fit in with the small town crowd. Straight guys intimidate me so i never initiate contact Now that i think of it i never really initiate contact in person all the guys i ever met are from online. I dont think theres any reason to tell my boyfriend. I wish i would have known this as a child so i could start working around it. Thanks for all the support though. Marsh where can you find a copy of that film.