Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isn't it funny
I'm not sure if many of you are also masculine gays (meaning would not be assumed gay based by voice, walk, etc.) but its hilarious to me when I get these girls who are all over me, being super flirtacious and nice, and are expecting something from me, if you know what i mean Wink. I'm only out of the closet to my family and close friends so it's like one huge inside joke when a girl is trying to get at me. My bestfriend always gets irritated that I'm pulling all these girls and I'm not interested in any of them haha. The irony is almost too much.

If any of you have any similar experiences, whether it made you akward, scared, proud, or even straight out laugh, please do share Smile

*EDIT* Btw, after reading over this it almost sounds like I'm gloating, but please dont take it that way. Definately not gloating lol.

Haha that's too funny.
I also often get girls kind of flirting with me when I make new friends and such until it comes up and I'm just like IMA BIG HOMO! And then we laugh about it.

lol even tho I'm a quite camp, all my girl friends pretend to be flirty. Thats why some people at school don't believe me to be gay! That includes the head girl who hates me. She stared the rumors. And I love them!

I am a soldier..... nobody thinks i am gay. I speak, act and give of a 'straight' image i assume. Only the people who i have told, and my mum (as she knows more about me than i do) know the truth.

albabonzai Wrote:I am a soldier..... nobody thinks i am gay. I speak, act and give of a 'straight' image i assume. Only the people who i have told, and my mum (as she knows more about me than i do) know the truth.

I don't know much about gay life in the military. I do know it's a don't ask don't tell here in the US, though. How is life as a homosexual in the military?

I am gloating a bit lolWink ! Coz I''m a straight acting Bi guy and I often get girls/guys flirting with me.I''ve never asked anyone out,they asked me!Big head bursts.Tee,hee! Only prob'' is,they''re usually older or not the cleverest tool in the box! Hey,actually,that is''nt a great reflection on me.Where are all the lookers:eek: ? lol! As if!Just being daft!

dylan181 Wrote:I don't know much about gay life in the military. I do know it's a don't ask don't tell here in the US, though. How is life as a homosexual in the military?

I shouldn't really comment other than say " The Army's Policy allow for a relaxed and enjoyable working experience as a gay soldier. "

Believe what you want.

That sounds like an invitation to fantasise. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:That sounds like an invitation to fantasise. Wink

No i just dare not say anything bad about it as i dont want to be court martialed!!

:p

dylan181 Wrote:I'm not sure if many of you are also masculine gays (meaning would not be assumed gay based by voice, walk, etc.)

Is that not called "straight acting"? Incidentally, that is a term I hate. My personal feelings on it are mostly around the interpretation of the "acting" part. Sure, it can be seen as an action, but acting also has the connotation of falsehood for play or performance. Since I consder my time in the closet as being a fraud, I hate the term. (That's the simiplistic explanation)

But, I digress... doubly because what I wanted to say isn't directly what this thread is about, nor about what I've just said.

Anyway... On the part about being chatted up by girls who don't know you are gay, I have to admit I've never had that. In fact, I've never really been all that comfortable around women. Probably because I spent so long trying to be the "dutiful son" (or what I perceived that society expected of me) that I tried to force myself to look at women in a particular way that just really wasn't a fit with who I was.

Having said that, since coming out the women that do know have reacted a lot more positively to me and I seem to be getting on a lot better than I used to.

One, to me, very curious example, was at a dinner that my user group organised. We had a sponsor so we had a couple of women from the company at the meal and I was sat next to one of them. As the sponsor was from the USA the conversation eventually got around to things like US politics and cultural differences and so on.

When we hit the topic of the bible-belt and right-wing evangelical Christians I made a throw-away comment about how I was quite glad I hadn't come out the closet while working my previous job becuase my boss was an evangelical Christian (his hobby was to stand in his local town centre with a megaphone telling people they were going to hell unless they accepted Jesus Christ into their hearts, etc.)

It was very curious that the woman I was sat next to became visibly more relaxed around me after that.