Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vatican hit by gay sex scandal
I only came across this today but I think it makes very interesting reading for those who enjoy the spectacle of a vatican sex scandal exposed in the media.
A few days ago the vatican was rocked by a sex scandal reaching into Pope Benedict's household after a chorister was sacked for allegedly procuring male prostitutes for a papal gentleman-in-waiting.
Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness, was caught by police on a wiretap allegedly negotiating with Thomas Chinedu Ehiem, a 29-year-old Vatican chorister, over the specific physical details of men he wanted brought to him. Transcripts in the possession of the Guardian suggest that numerous men may have been procured for Balducci, at least one of whom was studying for the priesthood.
Apparently the chorister was sacked but (surprise, surprise) they have no mechanism for getting rid of a papal gentleman in waiting!
If you would like to know more, follow the link below.
Vatican hit by gay sex scandal | World news | guardian.co.uk

Interesting post.

I think it was marsh that said PinkNews was not the most valid journalism but found this pretty amazing!

Quote:Chief exorcist says the Devil is working in the Vatican
By Staff Writer, PinkNews.co.uk • March 11, 2010 - 11:45

The Vatican has been infiltrated by the Devil, its chief exorcist said
50 Comments on Chief exorcist says the Devil is working in the Vatican

The Catholic Church's chief exorcist has said that the Devil is at work in the Vatican.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, says that in the Vatican, there are "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

He has been chief exorcist for nearly 25 years and claims to have dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession.

Speaking to Italian newspaper La Repubblica, the chief exorcist said that the Catholic sex abuse scandal and the incident where a mentally unstable woman attacked the Pope on Christmas Eve were evidence that the Vatican had been infiltrated by the Devil.

Father Amorth said the Devil was "pure spirit, invisible".

He added: "But he manifests himself with blasphemies and afflictions in the person he possesses. He can remain hidden, or speak in different languages, transform himself or appear to be agreeable.

"At times he makes fun of me but I have to say I enjoy my work.'

Father Amorth agreed that the 1973 film The Exorcist gave a "substantially exact" impression of people possessed by the Devil.

He said: "From their mouths, anything can come out – pieces of iron as long as a finger, but also rose petals. When the possessed dribble and slobber, and need cleaning up, I do that too. Seeing people vomit doesn't bother me. The exorcist has one principal duty – to free human beings from the fear of the Devil."

He added that the Pope believed in exorcism.

He said: "His Holiness believes wholeheartedly in the practice of exorcism. He has encouraged and praised our work."

In the past, Father Amorth has suggested that Hitler and Stalin were possessed by the Devil.

In 2006, he said: "Of course the Devil exists and he can not only possess a single person but also groups and entire populations.

"I am convinced that the Nazis were all possessed. All you have to do is think about what Hitler and Stalin did."

Last week, it was revealed that the Vatican had been hit by a gay sex scandal.

It was claimed that a chorister had procured male prostitutes for a papal gentleman-in-waiting.

The chorister, 29-year-old Thomas Chinedu Ehiem, was sacked after police heard him talking on a wiretap to Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness.

Chief exorcist says the Devil is working in the Vatican - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News

fjp999 Wrote:I think it was marsh that said PinkNews was not the most valid journalism but found this pretty amazing!
Yes, that is extraordinary. I think I said that Pink News often tries to make news out of things that not many others would consider news.

Gosh, Exorcists and male Prostitutes, think I will join the Priesthood.Rolleyes
I often wondered were Dan Brown got his inspiration from.Xyxthumbs

Theology aside, the Roman Catholic Church is full of people trapped by custom and history. Feel sorry for them, and the people they 1) deceive by their closeted hypocrisy 2) generations past and future which will be forced by their culture and habits to follow the men with only one book.

A lot of the attitudes towards us as a subculture were generated by the early church and forumulated by the Council of Nicea in 325 AD. Prior to this, there were many different ways to be a Christian, and I think there is historical evidence that it did not always discourage gay people. Emperor Constantine wanted the Church as a political device and for it to be one thing only and without dissention.

I recommend the books The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Pagels and The Secret Gospel by Morton Smith to open some needed light on these topics.

Sad thing, while the Reformation attacked the institution of the Church, it took the Scriptures largely intact, including the theological dismissal of gay people as worthy individuals with a viable lifestyle.

How things could have been different.

p.s. I think that Satan is alive and well in the Vatican. He's German this time around you know. Roflmao

What pisses me off is that they have totally monopolized Western culture for 2000 years. I can´t even enjoy a visit to an art gallery for all the fucking madonas. Even Leonardo da Vinci, who was gay, painted more virgins and saints than anything else.

That last comment surprises me. Religious or secular, a great painting is still a great painting. And unsurprisingly artist poured their soul into their religious works... What more do you expect at an art gallery?? If you'd rather gawk at elitist trash there are plenty of modern art museums around, you know Wink

Dear Sox,

I just wanted to compliment you on one count and possibly on another. I found your last rebuttal post to be exemplarily and perceptive, particularly coming from one of your age. As you obviously know, there have been a great many superlative writers and artists who happened to be gay. “Happened to be” is the operative phrase here. Just as there is no such thing as straight or gay physics or brain surgery, neither is there art. The fact that for so very long society has often attempted to define people by inherent biological charaertistics is very much what various movements for equality have been about. One day, it will not be at all surprising for gays to be more equally divided along liberal/conservative lines as is the general population, at least in my country.

The second count on which I possibly wanted to compliment you upon is that if you are a native Austrian, and thus German speaker, your English is superb; flawless. On the other hand, you might be from an English-speaking country and currently living in Vienna. I realize that most Western Europeans are educated in English from a young age. Nevertheless, a native English-speaking person can generally pick up upon the fact that a poster is not such from at least subtle errors and nuances. That is not the case with you if you are a native German speaker.

It has been a great many years since my Bavarian/Hessian grandparents passed away, and I’m afraid my verbal German is now poor as I haven’t spoken it regularly since that time, long ago. My written German is somewhat better, though far from fluent. In the event you are a native German speaker, I wanted to ask you something, please. The following dialogue comes from a story I wrote:

"Finally, Schultz pulled the boy away and admonished him, 'Bobbi, schau niemals rückwärts und lebe nicht in der Vergangenheit!'"

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Bobby looked up at Schultz and replied, 'Ja, ich schaue nur auf den Morgen.'"[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Regarding the boy's response, I’ve been told that I made the classic translation mistake of trying to translate a metaphor from one language into another literally and it just doesn’t work. Although Germans would understand the intent, it comes off as clumsy and not as proper or conventional German. Do you agree? Germans as a rule do not use such flowery verbiage? (The kid’s a born romantic!)

If so, how would you have written the response, please? It’s too late for me to change it now, but I can learn for the future should the occasion arise.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Don Schneider

sox-and-the-city Wrote:That last comment surprises me. Religious or secular, a great painting is still a great painting. And unsurprisingly artist poured their soul into their religious works... What more do you expect at an art gallery?? If you'd rather gawk at elitist trash there are plenty of modern art museums around, you know Wink

Religious or secular, a great painting is still a great painting. And unsurprisingly artist poured their soul into their religious works...

The myth about the virginity of Mary is all about the subjugation and oppression of women and it might surprise you to know that I find that form of oppression every bit as offensive as the oppression of gay men. Da Vinci´s art may be close to formal perfection but if the content is offensive, it is worse than uninteresting to me. The man was clearly a genius who unfortunately wasted so much of his talent, presumably in the pursuit of patronage: that too does not endear him to me.

What more do you expect at an art gallery?? If you'd rather gawk at elitist trash there are plenty of modern art museums around, you know Wink

My problem with da Vinci´s painting of madonas and the like is precisely that it is elitist, because it panders to the hypocrisy of the ruling elite of his day. From a formal point of view I much prefer da Vinci´s paintings to any modern art. It is the content which I have a big problem with, especially since he was a gay man and should have had a bit more sensitivity on matters of oppression.

Art is all about honesty and integrity for me. Be honest, Sox. What you object to is the fact that I have implicitly criticized religion. I have no interest at all in religion, which is why I dislike this stylized and hypocritical representation of women in art. To me it is a joke in the worst possible taste to suggest that the mother of JC was a virgin. As if being a real woman is not good enough.