Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annie Lennox: "H.I.V. POSITIVE"

[COLOR="purple"]Annie Lennox is at it again - shocking people with a message!

She is sporting a tee and in huge letters:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]
[SIZE="7"]H.I.V.
POSITIVE[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Sooooo, would you wear such a tee to get the message that HIV is still very much an issue? Do you have the balls to compete with Annie Lennox Remybussi

[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Green"]Lennox said she has been very focused on this issue since she heard former South African President Nelson Mandela describe HIV/AIDS as "genocide" in 2003.

"To hear Mandela describe the HIV pandemic as a genocide really almost knocked me off my chair," she said.

"You know in South Africa, post-apartheid, one in every three pregnant women is carrying HIV. That is hugely significant. If they don't have intervention, the baby will be born with the virus. That baby will probably last, maybe a year."

Lennox added that a woman is raped every minute in South Africa, a country that is believed to have more people infected with HIV/AIDS than any other nation.

"You're seeing women especially, and young girls and young children, right at the front of the devastation. And it breaks my heart."[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

It's all just so shocking, Frankie Pie.

fjp999 Wrote:...Do you have the balls to compete with Annie Lennox...
To be honest I'm not sure I have the balls even to attempt to compete with most of the Scottish women I've ever met.
Scared

Bravo, Annie Lennox. Let's hope the new government can come up with a more considered way of acknowledging and tackling the devastation in SA. How much worse did the situation get whilst its previous president was in denial?

marshlander Wrote:To be honest I'm not sure I have the balls even to attempt to compete with most of the Scottish women I've ever met.
Scared

SO VERY TRUE!