Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just need to confide a little...
Hello everyone,

I feel I need to speak a little, my heart is rather heavy.

I am in love with a girl who's parents are extremely opposed to same sex relationships. They are resolutely so, as they are against immigrants, and I know not which other people...

The problem is, my girlfriend feels the pressure they put on her constantly, as they suspect (but not know) the nature of our feelings. If the knowledge would come of it, they would deny ever knowing her and would close their door on her, along with the rest of her family.

Although she knows that none of our friends would reject her and that my only wish is to make her as happy as a human being can possibly be, she is deeply afraid to lose her parents' approval and affection. I can understand where she is coming from, since I've had to deal with the same issue with my own mother. :frown:

We dare not bring our feelings out in the open because we know that if we do, her parents will make our lives absolutely miserable (scorn, disgust, hateful remarks).

It hurts so much. I love her more than the world, and I know she loves me, too.

I'm sorry for the long post. I just needed to empty my heart a little. Though I hardly feel better for it. Cry

I'm sure a lot of people can understand your position unfortunately its not uncommon.

In my opinion (I wouldn't listen to myself personally) her parents need a slap to reality.

I wish there was a way to convince them otherwise...

I really cannot understand how parents can treat their children this way. I have children and grandchildren who believe in the most improbable things ... but I can't hold it against them. It just feels like a privilege to know them :confused:

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend, IgnotusAngelus. Sometimes I think that honesty is not all it's cracked up to be. If your parents don't want to know the truth, you and you partner should be able to enjoy a safe and happy relationship that certainly is causing no person harm.

IMO, you should be honest. Whether it happens now or in the future, your girlfriend's parents will find out her orientation.

Bottom line: You can't change who you are and you shouldn't have to hide, so I personally would resolve to get this out in the open.