Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-election fallout
a) I'm delighted to see that not a single BNP candidate was elected to Parliament. I know we had this discussion a while ago, but I was dismayed at the time of that discussion that some of our younger members here were actually considering voting BNP. The BNP prospective parliamentary candidate for Lincoln, Reverend West, gave a fair assessment of what we could have been in for :mad:

[URL="http://gayspeak.com/forum/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.pinkpaper.com%2FNewsStory.aspx%3Fid%3D2901"]BNP candidate sends abusive email to LGBT group - PinkPaper
[/URL]

b) Philippa Stroud, the Tory candidate who didn't win the Sutton and Cheam seat is (maybe was now?) head of the Centre for Social Justice, the thinktank set up by the former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith, has heavily influenced David Cameron's beliefs on subjects such as the family. She founded a church (an unusual thing to do in itself) in Bedford that tried to "cure" homosexuals by driving out our "demons" through prayer! The sensible people of Sutton and Cheam decided to stick with the sitting Liberal Democrat. Scan

Sutton and Cheam: Constituency | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Rising Tory star Philippa Stroud ran prayer sessions to 'cure' gay people | Politics | The Observer

It was a long day. I stayed up all night and day following the drama. I can't remember an election quite so exciting.

what was it after the electsion.

joseph Wrote:what was it after the electsion.
I think we are all asking ourselves the same question, Joseph. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Interesting times Wink

Philippa sounds like our very own Sarah Palin...could there actually be TWO of them?????

eastofeden Wrote:Philippa sounds like our very own Sarah Palin...could there actually be TWO of them?????
Our Philippa may be hunting for different game Wink