Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums Slowly Dieing?
Heya,

After a ten month relatoinship my romance is over, however I cant' help to notice Gay Websites but more forums than anything are dieing off. When I got into the relationship there were at least 20 UK ones I could register to, which had general people on.

However now there seems to be more chat sites and the forums have died including my own.

I'm not having a dig at gayspeak, I do love this forum, however there's hardly any gay teens from the UK visit on here, so if I'm looking for love I properbly will not find it here.

So my question is - wheres the best place to go looking for love apart from Gay Groups or Gay Clubs?

Best of luck to you... cant help with any suggestions on how to find love in electronic form but this site was down forever and maybe Andy should send out email notices to those who were most busy posting just to make sure all know it is back up...

Steven Wrote:Heya,

After a ten month relatoinship my romance is over, however I cant' help to notice Gay Websites but more forums than anything are dieing off. When I got into the relationship there were at least 20 UK ones I could register to, which had general people on.

However now there seems to be more chat sites and the forums have died including my own.

I'm not having a dig at gayspeak, I do love this forum, however there's hardly any gay teens from the UK visit on here, so if I'm looking for love I properbly will not find it here.

So my question is - wheres the best place to go looking for love apart from Gay Groups or Gay Clubs?

I don't know about dying off... I think you've just got to be slightly different and have interesting content... some sites can be boring or just wannabe clones of others.

Really sorry to hear about your break up! Cry Good luck in your continuing search for love... it'll probably happen when you least expect it! Wink Don't have any suggestions for other sites...

fjp999 Wrote:Best of luck to you... cant help with any suggestions on how to find love in electronic form but this site was down forever and maybe Andy should send out email notices to those who were most busy posting just to make sure all know it is back up...

WB Frank! Thought you were leaving us and trying to persuade some others to go with you! :eek:
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Andy Wrote:WB Frank! Thought you were leaving us and trying to persuade some others to go with you! :eek:

[COLOR="Purple"]WB GS Xyxwave

Trying to get use to the site... think the front page (when you hit the GS button) there is just too much going on... liked it before where it was real big showing who was on and what was just being posted... BUT NOW LOVE THE SHOUT BOX - of course :biggrin:

The family drama dealing with now shouldnt happen to my worse enemy but it would be great if it was happening to him and not me Smile

laterz[/COLOR]

Steven Wrote:Heya,

I know exactly what you mean, i'm having the same troubles (just out of a nearly 2 year relationship, and at a bit of a loss what to do now).

I'd love to give you some advice but frankly i have no idea either. Be sure to let me know if you have any luck lol.

fjp999 Wrote:WB GS Xyxwave

Trying to get use to the site... think the front page (when you hit the GS button) there is just too much going on... liked it before where it was real big showing who was on and what was just being posted... BUT NOW LOVE THE SHOUT BOX - of course :biggrin:

The family drama dealing with now shouldnt happen to my worse enemy but it would be great if it was happening to him and not me Smile

laterz

What brung you back? Rolleyes

Sorry to hear about your family drama... won't ask you to elaborate! :p

I'll be tweaking things over the next few days/weeks. I think it works better now as is more focussed on being a forum / message board which is what the site is... seems to be encouraging people to post a bit more frequently as well as there are less clutter and distractions. The ChatBox is a cool feature but the new chat will kinda make it redundant. We can still have the 'ChatBox Full' link on the Navbar but don't think we'll need it above the forums once the new chat is live.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I think forums - all of them - are dieing off slowly.

Andy Wrote:What brung you back? Rolleyes

Never went anywhere... just having a few mins to get online is a real pleasure these past few (nine (and counting)) months! Also wanted to feel what it was like to be just third highest poster again Wink

Andy Wrote:Sorry to hear about your family drama... won't ask you to elaborate! :p

Dont worry... an open book here. Dad, at 82 shattered his hip and had his first stay in the hospital in his 82 years. Overnight he lost his mind (called "Hospital Induced Psychosis"). I worked daily to bring him back and after a month he was nearly back to normal. Then we had to focus on his hip replacement but he had lost so much weight/muscle during his psychosis he needed to recover/regain strength. It was decided he would go home - and since my sister has a single floor home my parents both went there. My sister got the bright idea that she would take all their money and do as she liked but she forgot about me Confusedmile:

Sis broke off all contact with my parents telling me to get a lawyer if I wanted to speak to my parents. I did and eventually the lawyer got six sheriffs under a judges order to remove my father from that witch house. Unfortunately my father had already lost more of his mind and weight/health and we had a real fight with the courts to re-unite my father with my mother. This fight is still going on ten months later. Mom recently nearly lost her own life after all the hell my sister has put us thru and was airlifted to the big teaching uni hospital. We are still not sure of the outcome on mom. She has had three operations in ten days... so... yeah, free time to post on GS has been something of an issue. I do miss my friends so much and will try better Andy :tongue:

Andy Wrote:I'll be tweaking things over the next few days/weeks. I think it works better now as is more focussed on being a forum / message board which is what the site is... seems to be encouraging people to post a bit more frequently as well as there are less clutter and distractions. The ChatBox is a cool feature but the new chat will kinda make it redundant. We can still have the 'ChatBox Full' link on the Navbar but don't think we'll need it above the forums once the new chat is live.

poor frank and your mum and dad that is very bad.i hope it is ok now i love you

[COLOR="Purple"]Thank you joseph.
I love you too.
Really wish I could be on GS more and more and be the TOP poster but then I am VERSATILE Wink[/COLOR]