Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing but a dream.
For as long as I can think I have always been unsatisfied with this world and this life. I truly feel as though this life is nothing but a dream that I will one day wake up from when I die.

Now as bored as I get with this life there are some moments I enjoy. And I don't want to leave this life until I have gained as many experiences as I can. So I am definitely not suicidal or anything like that.

I wonder does anyone else ever feel this way or have you ever?

Anonymous Wrote:For as long as I can think I have always been unsatisfied with this world and this life. I truly feel as though this life is nothing but a dream that I will one day wake up from when I die.

Now as bored as I get with this life there are some moments I enjoy. And I don't want to leave this life until I have gained as many experiences as I can. So I am definitely not suicidal or anything like that.

Yes, I had a thought on this many years ago. I thought that even if I could wake up from this dream, it will be another dream. It's like a dream in a dream in a dream,.... I even considered writing a sci-fi story about this Grlaugh
Maybe if you have great imagination, you can try to do so to get over the boredom Wink

Life gets good and bad sometimes. If we only had good times, we wouldn't treasure good times, would we? If we were immortal we wouldn't treasure our happy moments since anything can be done tomorrow right?

Sounds like The Matrix to me.

What an odd way to look at the world.
It also seems terribly depressing but if it doesn't bother you I won't get my silverware in a twist!

That would make for an interesting afterlife, just one life after another.
But it would also be horribly redundant.

Anonymous Wrote:For as long as I can think I have always been unsatisfied with this world and this life. I truly feel as though this life is nothing but a dream that I will one day wake up from when I die.

wtf?
No get the silverware out, MegaFullbuster, and give him (or her) a really good dig in the side with it. He'll know if he's dreaming or not.

Life is a dream if you want it to be, I dream all the time, happy daydreaming.Confusedmile:

Hey, Daniel6, the sci-fi story has already been written for you, it's called Inception! Perhaps you've heard of it? LoL

But, yes, Anonymous, I suppose all of us have felt this way one time or another. Call it a case of the I realize this life truly sucks, blues. But, you've had some great enjoyments, from life thus far, albeit they were few. I suppose an inactive life can cause the blues as well. You gotta go the the movies, go to a club, the library, the mall, an internet cafe, a book cafe, and meet the people. They will never come to your house.

I hear you loud and clear. At the age of 33, I have been through quite a bit in my own lifetime, and have carried myself far more than others could really do. There is still so much yet that I want to do, and that has been my inspiration to keep me moving in this world.

But in the world we live in, I am just dissatisfied. Not to the point where I want to make a 'sudden exit', but more of searching for reasons to be more satisfied. I am not satisfied with my life as it stands, because there has been so much commotion over the past 16 years when I woke up and realized who I was, and how I was slowly morphing into the person seen today. But I take those steps to change and better myself. If any of the GS members here had my facebook, they would see the 'something about myself' listed as 'constant evolution'.

I know there is happiness waiting for me. I just can't wait for it to rear its head and show me the more beautiful side of life.

Hey,
I've thought about something very similar to your life as dream scenario. I've always had a love of sci-fi because it gives permission to fully explore the mind, the alternative universe. In my dream scenario, it feels like life is not so much a dream but a test, a transitional test that when passed grants you access to the other side: pure love, truth, beauty, happiness, etc. By passed I mean to say you die, youve completed whatever you needed to in life, whether its giving birth to a child, moving something out of the way, being born, whatever you were meant to do, and after you die (Im not really sure if it means a pleasant or unpleasant death). Anyway, just a thought Smile

Life is an journey, with many different paths we could and will follow to the end. After this journey do we take another, we will find out when this one is complete. Just enjoy the journey and choose the right paths, if you can. Your question has and will puzzle mankind for eternity.