Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite All Time Videos/Songs
As I worked in a gay nightclub for almost 20 years to the day...I got to hear ALOT of music...alot of it I hated but alot of it was great and I never hear it around anymore except when I dig it out...I also played alot of these videos for my customers...hope you enjoy and add any if you like as well....

Probably my favorite CD of all time was the Cole Porter Tribute for AIDS...all of these songs were from that CD and I played these videos constantly......

1990...Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry...Did You Evah?

1990 Sinead O'Conner...You Do Something To Me

1990 David Byrne...Don't Fence Me In

1990 Jimmy Sommerville...From This Moment On

1990 Lisa Stansfield...Down In The Depths

1990 Neneh Cherry...I've Got You Under My Skin

...some of my (and some of my customers) other favorites:

1977 Grace Jones...La Vie En Rose

1986 Fine Young Cannibals...Suspicious Minds

1986 Communards....Don't Leave Me This Way

My favorite end of the night song for years.....
1991 MC Hammer....Do Not Pass Me By

Love the David Byrne version of Don't Fence Me In Smile It combines two of my performing passions, samba and anglo-folk. Coincidentally I combined both yesterday Wink I'll watch the others when I have some more time.

Here are a couple of my favourite vids. A bit mainstream maybe, but hope you like these:
Archimboldo it ain't, but the animation in Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer is a lot of fun.

I have a lot of time for Peter Gabriel's music, even though I had a phone call last week from one of my band pulling out of a gig next month, because he's been offered a tour with the great man.

Of course, I generally keep my passion for the music of Sparks to myself (oh really? Wink ), so I believe it's okay to include one of their videos:

Or two ...

I love Peter Gabriel and I used to warm up to that song at the gym alot (many years ago)...I never saw the video though and I love it...

I had never heard of Sparks before but I LOVED the videos...and the music is catchy dance floor stuff which is fun...I don't usually admit to my disco/dance floor favorites but now that I am getting old...I dont' care:biggrin:

A Favorite "gay anthem" song and one of my favorite female artists....

eastofeden Wrote:... I had never heard of Sparks before but I LOVED the videos...and the music is catchy dance floor stuff which is fun...I don't usually admit to my disco/dance floor favorites but now that I am getting old...I dont' care:biggrin:
You're from California and have never heard of Sparks? I'm shocked :tongue: They're from Los Angeles Confusedmile: There's plenty more where that came from. I've followed them through thick and thin since 1972. One of the few bands to have been around that long and still managing to trump their previous best albums.

Taylor Dayne (Great 1980s hair LOL Yikes!)

Jennifer Holiday (sniff sniff) I love her..ALOT!

marshlander Wrote:You're from California and have never heard of Sparks? I'm shocked :tongue: They're from Los Angeles Confusedmile: There's plenty more where that came from. I've followed them through thick and thin since 1972. One of the few bands to have been around that long and still managing to trump their previous best albums.

I think I remember the name sorta...when I was a DJ I used to get a ton of promos every week and I was supposed to listen to all of them BUT...I listened to a few and of course the artists I liked or if I had heard some buzz...I missed out on alot though...there are so many artists and types of music and I basically like most every genre to some degree and I like hearing stuff I never heard before....so thank you!

I like this kid...very entertaining and charming lip syching to Scissor Sisters

My favorite Sunday Dance Songs...

Talking Heads..And She Was

Simple Minds...Dont You Forget About Me

Men Without Hats....Safety Dance

ABC...Look of Love

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car