Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Austin
Well, hello. I'm really bad at introductions, which is probably accentuated by the fact that I am readjusting to the U.S. Central time zone after spending two weeks in the South Pacific. At any rate, my name is Eric and I speak English, French and Japanese. I also speak a little Persian and Hawai'ian. I am a university student with a foreign language major, and I love to travel to new places.

Hi and Welcome !

I hope you will like it here like I do :-)

Must be great to speak so many languages ... I break my tongue alone if I speak englich Smile

Hope to read you many times again....

Wavey
da fen

Welcome to our community, hope you enjoy your time here in the forums and in the US. Good luck. :tongue:

OH MY GOSH! Austin, Texas!! OH MY GOSH!!! UT?

Hello and you are very, very welcome!!!

Hello, Eric and welcome. I'm sure you'll get to meet my dear partner, princealbertofb, who shares a love of languages. He's busy in the kitchen at the moment, so I'm not going to distract him from whatever work of genius is being created Wink

Welcome!:biggrin:
[SIZE=2]Lots of people seem to think they're bad at introductions don't they? Your intros FINE!Confusedmile:
Enjoy your time here!:biggrin:
[/SIZE]
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! Wow I wish I could speak that many languages! Hope you have fun here!
Welcome

Oh, yeah, btw, really, is Japanese hard to learn? I think we're taking it up as an elective in tenth grade.

Hey! Welcome to the forum dude!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Okay, sorry guys, my internet connection here at home is worse than in Easter Island, which makes no sense whatsoever.

SlipknotRlZZ:

ATX born and raised. Unfortunately, here in Texas we have a "Top 10%" law where public universities are not allowed to select anybody from below the top 10% of their high school class. When I was in high school, (graduated in '09) my school was ranked 3rd most competitive public school in the nation. The valedictorian took all AP classes, got 5.0 scores on all of them and had over 482 hours of community service, in addition to being a part of every academic club at school. Out of a class of 500. If you wanted to be in the top 60%, you had to get a 5.0 on at least three AP exams. Needless to say, I was in the bottom 10%, so I didn't have a chance. I'm at Austin Community College getting my Associate's Degree in Japanese Foreign Language and plan to continue on until at least a masters. I'm probably going out of state though, because Texas has another law that says you can only drop 6 classes in your entire undergraduate career.

P.S. Japanese is easier than French. You just have to get used to the writing, which is very regular.

Thanks everybody!