Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Will Never Be So Trusting...
I am not sure as to what I'm hoping to gain. This is more just to share an experience rather than seek advice.

While searching for apps for my phone, I came across a gay chat application that had been tried and used by many before me. I downloaded it knowing that it got horrible reviews. It did deserve those horrid ratings, actually. However, after going through the review list, I happened to realize a pattern of guys leaving their emails or "gtalk" (Google Chat) usernames asking for guys to hit them up. I decided to follow the crowd and do the same in addition to talking to some of these guys. Things were going well. Several of them had contacted me and we got to talking.

There was one guy I contacted, let's call him "B". He claimed to have abs and I was very interested in exchanging pics and chatting him up. He was quite attractive, and I decided to roll with it. Less than two weeks later, we had ceased talking. B was ignoring me. How do I know? I messaged him numerous times when I knew he was online and he never responded. I gave him a break for a few days. Soon after, I decided to attenpt to connect with him once more. Big mistake. After several messages, he responds "You are so fucking annoying! Leave me alone! Holy shit!" Needless to say, that was the end of that and I felt like crap for several days...

Another guy, let's refer to him as D, emailed me. We got to chatting and he asked for my number. I gave it to him and he asked for a pic of me. I sent it to his phone and texted him. A couple (and I mean very few) texts later, I am having one sided conversations and he is not responding. I continuously ask why to no avail. All I wanted to know was why he was ignoring me and I feel like everyone deserves reasons, right? I hate it when I don't get a reason as to why something happens or doesn't happen. It leaves me cold and in the dark feeling like a cheap unimportant piece of a puzzle. I decided to leave in alone. A few days later, I text him again. "Hey," I say... His response? "Hey" Progress?! Think again. I say "Whatchu up 2?" He says "Nothing much. Ummm to tell you the truth, I don't know who this is." I give him my name...and...no response. I text again!...no response. I text again! And again! And again! And again! And again! And again! And again!...no response. Do I sound desperate? Hell yes I was! It's a nice feeling to want to be wanted by someone who isn't only interested in you for sex (another story to come) and when I got that chance I had to milk that fat cow for all it was worth! I would call and he'd answer and hang up or just let it go to voicemail and never call back. I eventually stopped trying to contact him. And as much as I was hurt yet again...I had to do it.

On to someone knew. His name is "G". G was my knight. He emailed me and we would chat, text, email, and speak for quite some time when he was able to. He sent me nudes and although this isn't something I would normally do, I sent him some too. But we kept talking so I felt safe and alright. As I said, it's nice to be wanted and appreciated for more than just one's ass. He asked for me to be his boyfriend and I said yes. He told me he loved me and I stupidly reciprocated those same feelings. I come back from family vacation in Europe (Where I could not use my phone) and try to get at him. No response. Being the crazy fool that I am, I consistently tried to contact him. Chat, email, text, phone call, everything. I leave voicemails saying to call me as well as saying those 3 little (at this point horrible) 8 letters. No call back. Do I not deserve an explanation? I ask for one...several times...to no avail. One day (and I swore this day would never come) he answers his phone. Only to say "I'm working" and immediately hang up. After trying to reach him via chat a few more times, I finally say "Ok...I'm done. Thanks." I check the chat a few minutes later to find that he has removed me as his friend. This incident, this one alone, made me feel absolutely horrible because I kept thinking it was my fault. It also immediately soured me to the idea of coming out to my parents on that night after feeling confident about doing it and planning for hours how to do it.

What I did next was what I should have done before I got to desperate stalker mode: I deleted their numbers, removed them as friends in chat, trashed their pictures, and focused my anger and frustration and sadness into becoming determined to never allow myself to get wrapped in a similar situation ever again. I'm also more determined than ever for some reason to be an excellent student council president. (I guess that's one good thing that came about.)

I am over these 6 guys (the 3 minor ones not mentioned here. Pretty much just standard talk for a while then cease talking to me without a reason). I am over getting caught up with people I meet via chat. Not that I will give up chats and stuff I just won't allow myself to become so trusting of the people I talk to so quickly. Lesson Learned. It's nice to feel wanted by people you may never even meet but not nice to be treated like shit by them. :-)

Enjoy...

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Wow! I have to say I am so glad I did not have the technology when I was young...there is nothing to compare to looking in someone's eyes...seeing the body language and gauging the tone of their voice...

I remember when the Internet first became mainstream...the CREEPIEST GUY who came in the nightclub was all over it and had guys coming to meet him from all over the world...OMG. No one in their right mind would even sit next to him for more than a minute because he truly made your skin crawl...he was a freaky nasty S&M dungeon master that looked like Gollum from Lord of the Rings (except Gollum was cuter) and on top of it he smelled awful...I had to hold my breath so I didn't gag....and here he had this stream of unsuspecting guys...god knows what the f*ck he told them or what pictures he sent to them but I remember this one guy who came to me on a Sunday afternoon and he was shaking like a leaf the whole time he was talking to me...said he came from New Hampshire to meet this guy and he took him prisoner...my stomach felt sick the whole time he was talking to me...he told me he knew the guy was gonna kill him and that he was the devil. Well...I knew the creep had gotten into his head and I tried really hard to get through to him but it was no use...the guy had terrorized him too badly but he did tell me the crap he told him to lure him there....

I have never met anyone online but I know from working in a gay nightclub and even before and after that it is so easy to meet as many people as you want face to face if you put yourself out there...of course they can lie too ande ignore you after they meet you but there is nothing that will ever compare to actually looking in someone's eyes when they speak to you IMO. I do want to say though I know some people who have met online and are very happy together so it can go both ways I suppose.
PS...I do wish you luck and hope you meet someone great...in person!Wink

PSS..LOL...I got sidetracked...What my point was after reading your story is that you may be lucky they stopped talking to you!

It happens. It isn't nice, but that's life, I suppose.

I always tried to be courteous and respond but the ones who ignore you are just to be ignored back.

I try to live by "what goes around comes around". Others call it karma. They will get what they deserve in the end, I'm sure of it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

That's really rough. I don't get people these days, especially those over the Internet. Don't get me wrong, there are loads of great people online. I have talked to all walks of life over the Internet and I can't believe those schmucks would treat you that way. I dunno if it's the times or what. Yeah, it's really upsetting.

I guess you're better off meeting and talking to people offline. Sometimes you're lucky and you make the right connections, sometimes you're not. I was lucky until he changed dramatically (by force) and now he's single (as far as I know) and I'm single as of today.

I used to be like that back in the times when I first discovered what a marvelous thing the Internet is. And then I was really deeply hurt and I felt like shit and i knew it was my fault for trusting the creeps.. So I did what you did. I built thick walls surrounding me and that made it so hard for me to socialize - I was so afraid of being the losing side again. I'm not saying that same thing will happen to you. Just...keep it in mind if you haven;t already thought of it, please. :redface:

So I am trying to create sort of a balance now. Like, I am talking to this 30-year-old guy pretending to be in love with him. But it's only about like..idk, sexual things and he knows it and I can leave anytime and he wont go after me. then i'll come back and will hit it off again..

The internet is a tool, just like anything that is dangerous when put into the wrong hands.

All I can say in the way of words of comfort really are these maddening words; be patient. Wink

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I really hope that y'all are right about that being lucky and karma thing! LOL. I'll just be patient and wait for when the moment happens. I'm off to college next year so there'll be plenty of opportunities then! Haha.

PrinceMuzic Wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I really hope that y'all are right about that being lucky and karma thing! LOL. I'll just be patient and wait for when the moment happens. I'm off to college next year so there'll be plenty of opportunities then! Haha.

Thats the spirit! Good luck!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Many, perhaps the majority, of gay websites are meat markets. I suppose the likelihood is that smart phone apps will turn out to be similar.

Several years ago I used chat rooms and would sometimes arrange to meet up with someone who seemed okay. Trouble is you never know who these people really are. I suspect many join these services for a bit of a laugh or out of curiosity and people who genuinely are seeking friendship or even a bit of quick company often find most others seem to be timewasters or something worse. I did meet one or two interesting people, but they were very much in a minority.

It's a tough lesson to learn, but I think you've done the right thing by deleting these contacts and moving on. If people like this aren't courteous enough to treat you with some respect they don't deserve your company.

Better luck next time.

marshlander Wrote:~/~

I think the same.... the best way to get in contact with other is the "mind" way ... thought, feelings, lifestyle, hobbys .... the "sex-only way" is a One-way street... and the goal is loneliness