Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to say on First Date
I have recently been in a situation where I was on a date and we had nothing to say, it was like we were both so nervous... we have since got together....
But

What are a few things you can do to get the conversation going on a date?

This might not be the answer your're looking for, but still:

rofunk23 Wrote:What are a few things you can do to get the conversation going on a date?
Just ask him lots of non-threatening questions about:
his likes and dislikes
how he spends his spare time
where he goes on holiday
which countries he is most attracted to
what sort of men he is most attracted to
what sort of person he thinks that he is, himself
what he thinks about that guy over there
what sort of food and drink he likes
which pubs, restaurants, clubs etc he likes
whether he has any sporting interests, goes to the gym etc.
what sort of work he does - this can be threatening, so go carefully here
does he like animals
how does he get on with his family - can be threatening if not handled with care
cars
music
films
celebrities
religion
politics
what's in the news
sex - you have to judge when and if you should talk about sex
The subject of conversation is less important than how you both talk about it. The feedback you get will determine what sort of question you ask next. If it doesn't seem threatening probe a bit more about each of his answers but don't let it seem like an interrogation! "Why?" is often an interesting question. You have to be genuinely interested in his answers, otherwise your disinterest will be obvious and that will kill further conversation. If you're not genuinely interested, don't drag the date out. You can gradually bring a few more personal things into the conversation: make a compliment about how you like his shirt, his eyes, his smile, his shyness. It really all depends on how he responds to your questions. If you want him to disclose stuff to you, you must be prepared to do the same. If neither of you discloses anything, it's going to get boring, in which case he's either shy, boring or just not into you. Try to keep the conversation balanced: don't dominate it with stuff about yourself. Don't fill in all the silences but try not to let the silences go on for too long. Be yourself, be honest, be positive and friendly.
Hope that helps.

I like that, SlipknotRlZZ, and he's cute but doesn't he speak fast!

peterinmalaga Wrote:I like that, SlipknotRlZZ, and he's cute but doesn't he speak fast!

Yeah , he even speaks faster than me , and I thought I had the record . He's right though , and as GoK Wan would say " It's all about the confidence" . Come accross as confident about yourself , the rest will follow , you dont need to figure out what to say . It should just flow onto what you want to talk about , just need to find common ground . Ifyour not confident , work on yourself and your own self esteem first , learn to love yourself ( not in an arrogant way) My tip is to chat to him online first to see if you can strike up a conversation . You will be amazed how many guys just can't , just a few words max ,

here is a typical example

igotabigdick ...Hi

mrconfident ...Hi how are you?

igotabigdick ...i'm horney

mrconfident...Thats nice for you

igotabigdick ....so how big is your c ock then m8?

These guys AVOID , unless you want a one night stand with a boring idiot with no personality

peterinmalaga Wrote:Just ask him lots of non-threatening questions about:
his likes and dislikes
how he spends his spare time
where he goes on holiday
which countries he is most attracted to
what sort of men he is most attracted to
what sort of person he thinks that he is, himself
what he thinks about that guy over there
what sort of food and drink he likes
which pubs, restaurants, clubs etc he likes
whether he has any sporting interests, goes to the gym etc.
what sort of work he does - this can be threatening, so go carefully here
does he like animals
how does he get on with his family - can be threatening if not handled with care
cars
music
films
celebrities
religion
politics
what's in the news
sex - you have to judge when and if you should talk about sex
The subject of conversation is less important than how you both talk about it. The feedback you get will determine what sort of question you ask next. If it doesn't seem threatening probe a bit more about each of his answers but don't let it seem like an interrogation! "Why?" is often an interesting question. You have to be genuinely interested in his answers, otherwise your disinterest will be obvious and that will kill further conversation. If you're not genuinely interested, don't drag the date out. You can gradually bring a few more personal things into the conversation: make a compliment about how you like his shirt, his eyes, his smile, his shyness. It really all depends on how he responds to your questions. If you want him to disclose stuff to you, you must be prepared to do the same. If neither of you discloses anything, it's going to get boring, in which case he's either shy, boring or just not into you. Try to keep the conversation balanced: don't dominate it with stuff about yourself. Don't fill in all the silences but try not to let the silences go on for too long. Be yourself, be honest, be positive and friendly.
Hope that helps.

WOW! That is great advice! I could have used some of those tips when I was dating. I despised dating...very awkward for me.

I think there is an theme to talk about, but it's much more important to be yourself. Do not try to be something better or other than you are. Don´t try to be a actor. Don´t tell him only problems you have but also show that you're not perfect. Be yourself and no one other. ... The Role of a only perfect lover no one can play for a long time

Also avoid closed questions, these are questions that usually require a yes or no answer - e.g. do you like going to the cinema - instead you could ask 'whats the last thing you saw at the cinema'. Closed questions will result in you working hard to have a conversation, open questions will allow conversation to flow.

People (generally) like to be asked questions - its nice when someone takes an interest and wants to know more.

Just keep the most confident person you know in mind, the one that seems to find it easy to engage others in conversation and ask yourself 'What would XXXXX do/say...'

Oh and its also very important that you listen to what he says! He could be telling you all about his trip to some far off land and you could be finding it dull, but its awkward if at the end he says - so have you ever been there - and you zoned out and havent a clue where there is! lol

I could go on, but will spare you all my little pearls of 'wisdom' lol

Thankyou guys... I agree the guy in the video is funny and yes he does talk fast, but made me laugh

and the advice is good

He speaks fast? :O haven't noticed, really.