Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL XBox is Homophobic
Gamer banned for having 'Fort Gay' in Xbox Live profile

Oh Microsoft :confused:

This reminds me of the time when a lesbian got banned for being a lesbian. I'm not kidding either. OK, I found the article: Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live - The Consumerist

As long as "Gay" is considered a rude word, then its not going to be alowed to be displayed publicly.

Although i dont get the Lesbian one as much. But since when did microsoft care about individual cases? I bet loads of people get picked on and complain to Microsoft. I doubt many get a result.:frown:

If someone does want to identify themselfs as gay/lesbian they should probably use the word homosexual, as it lacks as much social stigma, and not put it in their Gamertag.

Thats just my veiw though.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:As long as "Gay" is considered a rude word, then its not going to be alowed to be displayed publicly.

Although i dont get the Lesbian one as much. But since when did microsoft care about individual cases? I bet loads of people get picked on and complain to Microsoft. I doubt many get a result.:frown:

If someone does want to identify themselfs as gay/lesbian they should probably use the word homosexual, as it lacks as much social stigma, and not put it in their Gamertag.

Thats just my veiw though.:redface:

Gay is a rude word?!

juk Wrote:Gay is a rude word?!
Ever heard "gay" used like this?:
"That game is so gay! It SO hard!"
"That looks gay!"

Not to mention calling someone "gay" is a common insult.

Its quite commonly used by people my age.
Its anoying, but even one of my friends use it. So i have been forced to get used to it. Because he says it without thinking, and he "can't help it".
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Cutieboy Wrote:This reminds me of the time when a lesbian got banned for being a lesbian. I'm not kidding either. OK, I found the article: Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live - The Consumerist

I actually remember reading that story, an Face Palming

I think Genersis sums it up quite acctually Tongue

ever remember when gay meant Happy and cheerful?? Me neither im to young..... but seriously ye until society stops saying things like " this is gay" when summit is bad it aint gonna change!

Baz, I'm afraid (or proud, depends how you view it) to have known a time when gay really meant what it still means in French, happy and cheerful.. Today even the French has been suffused by this, and I'm sure people would really understand GAY as in the modern sense = homosexual, even though there is a slight spelling variant (gai or gaie as opposed to gay) but the word is pronounced the same. Even the word gué (which is pronounced the same and means a ford) does not seem to have many users. What's funny is that there are any number of people bearing GAY as a surname in France.

princealbertofb Wrote:Baz, I'm afraid (or proud, depends how you view it) to have known a time when gay really meant what it still means in French, happy and cheerful.. Today even the French has been suffused by this, and I'm sure people would really understand GAY as in the modern sense = homosexual, even though there is a slight spelling variant (gai or gaie as opposed to gay) but the word is pronounced the same. Even the word gué (which is pronounced the same and means a ford) does not seem to have many users. What's funny is that there are any number of people bearing GAY as a surname in France.

And it was allways refered to as " Gay Parie" ( spelling might be wrong )