Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metroid
Just thought i'd create a topic for this game series as i have been playing ALOT of Metroid games lately.Confusedmile:

Main Character: Samus Aran

Arch Nemesis: Ridley, Leader of the Space Pirates.

Gameplay:
You play as Samus Aran, a bounty hunter often hired by the galatic federation for missions.
Normally top secret.
And normally involving the life forms known as Metroids, Life forms with the ability to drain the life from their prey.
Most of the games are 2D platforming, shooting, exploration games.
While the Metroid Prime games have a 3D first person perspective, with the same platforming and exploring elements we had come to love of its 2D predesesors.
And with the most recent release of Metroid Other M, the series has yet again changed, with a third person 3D perspective with colourfull graphics more reminisent of the 2D games.

Games In order of Release:
Metroid(NES)
Metroid II: Return of Samus(GB)
Super Metroid(SNES)
Metroid: Fusion(GBA)
Metroid Prime(NGC)
Metroid Prime 2: Echos(NGC)
Metroid: Zero Mission(GBA)
Metroid Prime 3:Coruption(Wii)
Metroid: Other M(Wii)

Games in chronological order:
Metroid+Metroid: Zero Mission(Remake)
Metroid Prime Trilorgy
Metroid II
Super Metroid
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Fusion

Side games/Other aperences:
Super Smash Bros series
Metroid Prime: Pinball
Metroid Prime: Hunters

I could go on, but with a Metroid wiki and Wikipedia at your disposal, whats the point?:tongue:

A little bit of Metroid Fusion gameplay.

I'm not sure why i created this thread. But meh.:redface:
Feel free to discuss the Metroid series here. Or not, i'm not bothered really.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Metroid is awesome. I've only beaten Metroid Prime though. Amazing game!

I've played I, Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime and Zero Mission. I've LOVED all so far but my favorites are Fusion and Super Metroid.

Might aswell say my favorites.(Or just list them in the order of which i like them.:redfaceSmile

My favorite 2D Metroid would have to be Metroid Fusion, followed by Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Metroid and Metroid II.

I never really got into Super Metroid. I'm stuck in it with NO IDEA where to go next. Keep finding Dead ends and greyed out doors. Guess i should give it another go soon eh?

As for the 3D metroids: Metroid Prime, Metroid other M, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime 2.
All of them are good. But Echos Light and dark thing gets a little old fast, not to mention the Ammo system.

I'm going to be replaying Metroid Prime soon, and try and beat the bosses without missiles.Confusedmile:
(Its going to be the metroid Prime trilorgy version, AKA Metroid Prime with Prime 3's controlls)

Genersis Wrote:I never really got into Super Metroid. I'm stuck in it with NO IDEA where to go next. Keep finding Dead ends and greyed out doors.

That happened to me so many times! I was left wandering around for hours!

TuxSky Wrote:That happened to me so many times! I was left wandering around for hours!
Glad i'm not the only one.:redface:

I don't play metriod but I have read a lot about, it this year with the release of Other M an all the controversy that surrounded it.

TimmyThink Wrote:I don't play metriod but I have read a lot about, it this year with the release of Other M an all the controversy that surrounded it.
Controversy? Really?:confused:

Yeah man big time, the controversy all came from this video Talkabout: Metroid: Other M - G4tv.com, after Abbie Heppe raged all over the Samus. After that all the other gaming blogs attacked Abbie for what she said, she got attacked in the comments, poor Abbie basically got verbally slapped around for a good week after that video.

I never got into Metroid, for some reason. I played maybe one game and I don't think I really liked it. I know this is a really popular series and it's cool if you're a fan of it.