Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosh pit
[Image: jg-crowd2.jpg]

Has anyone ever been in a mosh pit? A mosh pit is pretty much what you see at heavy metal and hardcore punk shows. It was originally called slam dancing. People in crowds slam into each other. I find it to be an amazing form of exercising. I lost 5 pounds in a mosh pit once.

Yeah I love 'em even though I'm getting to be an old fart now...

me and some mates used to go this place called The Georgian, a metal club; Sam got smashed through some tables and chairs once, I've seen and been in mass pile-ups, fights, it can get pretty serious but in a weird way it's all just crazy fun. Holding the centre for as long as you can without getting spun off is tough, but it's fun trying and if you can hold it, it's a good feeling. Been lashed with plaits, skanked with skinheads, got into scrapes. It sounds kinda macho and jock, but it's just part of my scene growing up.

Best moshpit for me was when Deftones dropped the chorus from 'Korea' in Leeds 2001, shit just went off.

Still wanna see these guys live, Dillinger Escape PLan' observe the madness -

Now I wanna see them live too. I remember one song by them, but I never got into 'em. They do seem like a cool band live.

oh it gets me so sweaty so fast

long time ago mosh pits rocked now you better ware a mouth piece or get teeth knocked out

love the Pit - bands like suicidal tendencies, slayer ect have a good pit goin specialy at a festival - been in some ruff ones too,,got my face cut bad once by a guy wearing a huge ring,, total accident but he connected pretty good....looked like a war zone by the time it was over haha

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:long time ago mosh pits rocked now you better ware a mouth piece or get teeth knocked out

This is true. Mosh pits are much more rough than well... 25 years ago, I guess. Rock has gotten a harder sound too over time and that's why mosh pits are much more rough nowadays.

Cutieboy Wrote:[Image: jg-crowd2.jpg]

Has anyone ever been in a mosh pit? A mosh pit is pretty much what you see at heavy metal and hardcore punk shows. It was originally called slam dancing. People in crowds slam into each other. I find it to be an amazing form of exercising. I lost 5 pounds in a mosh pit once.

But at the same time of losing the weight, how much blood did you lose? lol

LOL you lost 5 pounds through exercising in a mosh pit????????? now i've heard everything.

I like mosh pits... I've only really been in them at warped tour. I like when there's actually movement, instead of kids standing still swinging their arms around. :|

Nocturnal Wrote:But at the same time of losing the weight, how much blood did you lose? lol

I didn't lose any blood. I do remember a skinhead being in that pit... I unfortunately knew who he was, because he attended my community college.

Amazingly... about 4-5 years ago, I shook that skinhead's hand once. :eek: Imagine if he knew I was gay today... he would pummel me and even kill me. Thankfully I'm not in contact with that guy anymore. I would see him from time to time at local shows in my area. I haven't seen him at all anymore. Believe it or not... despite the fact he was a skinhead, he was actually a nice guy. I'm surprised he was nice to me (I look Hispanic/Latino... I was afraid he would kick my ass).