Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you study?
I guess this is focused toward any students in the forum. You can also say what you would like to study, or what you have studied in the past.

I myself study Classics. Basically I read and analyze Ancient Greek and Latin texts and history. It can be fun, but very overwhelming when translations pile up. Its also fun to look up ancient sexuality... after all the Greeks were not opposed to homosexuality.

im studying japanese. i wanna go to japan sooooooo bad but i've never beenCry .

I would love to learn Japanese. I did take a course in Chinese and it was not that difficult, but I didn't get into the calligraphy of the language, which is the difficult part. The only Japanese I know is from seeing a few animes in the original language.

I'm studying Graphic Design.
Japanese I thikn is very difficult: Once I tried to learn but nothing happened. i also knoww a few words from anime!!!. Just a few ones, nothig special.

I'm a nutrition student... getting ready to enter my graduate studies and intern... I switched majors on my senior year of my biology degree and I completed that through my nutrition degree (but I didn't get the degree b/c I switched)

As of right now, I'm studying medical nutrition therapy along w/ the application of MNT, quantity foods (cooking for 50+... essentially for food management), and lifespan nutrition... I'm just glad I finished my biochem courses.....

I took a year of mandarin, but that was so insanely hard it wasn't funny. My brain is not wired for languages, I barely sqweeked by w/ my grades.

sexyzackers Wrote:im studying japanese. i wanna go to japan sooooooo bad but i've never beenCry .

=D! soudesuka? watashiwa sukoshi nihongo iumasu =P I really want to go to Japan too xD I've heard it's a really nice place...

As for studies... aside from Japanese, I'm kinda interested in German... I love math, and Chem is probably the best thing ever (hehe... fire...), but my all time favorite class is definitely Abnormal psych... amazing stuff!

Fortunately, I switched out of Software Engineering, I hated it. Now I'm switching into Architecture!!!

i'm studying architecture. but i wouldn't mind a job in any creative field, like design, advertising etc. i hate desk jobs... not for me. i'm also interested in photography and graphic design.

as for languages, i have to brush up on my french, and i'd like to take up italian or spanish next semester. japanese or chinese would be my next choice.

I'm a student of Political Ideology and Citizenship of teh UK in the early 1980's. Its jolly good fun!

Theres the whole debate about doing something more demanding but perhaps not very interesting (i.e. engineering) vs a course that really interests you but doesn't have great career prospects (arts). Any thoughts?

I choose the former (civil engineering) but looks unlikely that I will get a job! ..sob..