Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross dressing debate
Ok so i was out on saturday night and i was having a massive debate with a lesbian woman.

I was saying how i dont agree with this....

If a man is to wear womens clothes he is a cross dresser. but...
if a woman wears mans clothes she isnt??

In my opinion it is the exact same thing.

Personally i dont cross dress but i am interested to know what anyone else thinks.

Would you agree that a woman who has short hair and acts like a man and dresses like a man is across dresser?

Im actually really interested in what people will think to this so lots of replies please Smile

If she wears clothes that are manufactured for men, then yes. Otherwise, no. For example, if she is wearing womens jeans then she isnt cross dressing but if she is wearing mens jeans then she is.

I would also question what 'cross dressing' actually means. Who defines what cross dressing is? The manufacturers?

what is someone wears both?
i wear girls pants but boys shirts & shoes.

Generally not, a drag king and a butch lesbian aren't the same thing.

Cross dressing is a matter of performance, it also involves taking on theatrically the opposite gender and playing up the role. Someone who wears masculine clothes as an expression of lesbian identity isn't cross-dressing in my mind. Gender bending behavior in women comes out of a different cultural history than male drag, so we have to be aware of the nuances.

And I have a friend who does drag and also dresses fairly masculine when she is not in drag, so there are differences in the conception. When she does drag she's performing, and takes on a male name (Dicksen Cyder if you must know).

I go around wearing jeans that are manufactured for males and female pants that are prety much unisex however. I wear loose button up shirts and t-shirts. Every day. So I guess I cross dress all the time?

Or is it cross dressing only if I wear man underwear too?

Very interesting question. I think cross-dressing implies an intent to look like a member of the opposite sex. It's also complicated by the fact I can't think (at least at the moment) of an item of clothing that is fundamentally male i.e. female versions don't exist. As Slipknot points out male and female jeans exist and in reality are similar. However a skirt (that is clearly not a kilt) is a fundamentally female item of clothing.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Have you ever seen a man wearing some "womens clothes" and some "mens clothes" at the same time?

So maybe if I were to wear slacks, a button up shirt and a tie that would be cross dressing? Cause it's something I want to do pretty much every day lol. Only I restrict myself to the casual pants and shirt.

But it's reeeeeally frustrating when my mom doesn't let me buy myself a shirt that is in the men section of the store, when it's really no different than my other shirts. It's fucking awful! For some things, like jackets, I can't find a women one that I'd like. They are all girly... and my mom won't let me get myself a normal, ordinary men sports jacket. Just cause it says "men". Fuck this! Angry

stu Wrote:Have you ever seen a man wearing some "womens clothes" and some "mens clothes" at the same time?

I met a man on the bus who was wearing a skirt and a top hat. :tongue:

by your a brave man,glad to see your still alive lol

it's a hard one,stickly speaking I would say you are correct but as society makes the rules, as to what is male and female,and society has in my view said a man that wears any form of womens clothing is a cross dresser but a woman doing the same is being "comfy" I guess it's the same with the colour pink,men can now wear pink and not much is said about it unless you bump into a miner or similar,double standards but as it's the women doing it they get away with it.