Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey I need to explain something about me?
Hey people, just found out as part of Becker muscular dystrophy I have a few Cognitive Issues that is part of my condition thats why I find it hard to explain thing at times. Ive just found this out today.

What is Cognition?

Cognition refers to a whole range of different intellectual processes our brains undertake to perform tasks and keep us functional. An easy way to understand cognition is to think of it in terms of memory and thinking.

When we can think clearly and remember things well, our cognitive ability is good since we have the information immediately to hand.

If either memory, or thinking were somehow disrupted, then our ability to process information would be impaired.

Description of the how we use our cognitive skills:

to focus, maintain and divide attention (concentration)
to learn and remember new things
to think, reason and solve problems
to plan, carry out and monitor our own activities
to understand and use language
to recognize objects and assemble things together
to judge distances (spatial skills)

info from http://www.themcfox.com/multiple-scleros...nitive.htm

and

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/...000706.htm

lol this has gone down like a brick lol

if its is got promblems in you brain about thinking and that yyou can get help of peple a bout things what washard for you.you can get athing on the compoter to help you read it.and pepole who very good techs you things.dont be sad your can get help.like socile worker

sweetlad2010 Wrote:lol this has gone down like a brick lol
What, you're expecting instant responses Rolleyes

Those of us who've known you for a long time already have an idea of the sort of things you have to deal with and the newer members are no doubt processing what you've just written. It didn't seem to say anything about impatience in that list though Scatter

Anyway, it's still nice to see you back Confusedmile:

oops didnt mean to put it that way sorry Peepwall

were all different m8. thats why i like been here , ur accepted Smile

matty7 Wrote:were all different m8. thats why i like been here , ur accepted Smile

Well said Matt, you are who you are.

matty7 Wrote:were all different m8. thats why i like been here , ur accepted Smile

awwwww thanks xx

You're awesome sweetlad. I'm used to people with cognitive issues so no biggie Smile

I just saw this sweetlad. Thanks for helping us to understand what you go through *hugs* I might not have the same problems (well, my spatial skills suck when it comes to the above list), but sometimes I can be a bit dense. On a different board it took me a while to realize the guy that always had bad spelling with the screenname toetyper, it was literal - he was typing with his toes due to disability thus had a lot of typos, and he's really quite intelligent. Yes even in his screenname, I was still dense... so I really appreciate you taking the time to explain Smile