Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in God, a Source a Creator.
Current research in physics says the universe began approx. 14 billion years ago in a Big Bang. Quantum theory teaches that you can't create something out of nothing. Most physicists seem to believe some kind of "god particle" was present at the beginning of the universe. For obvious reasons scientists are reluctant to endorse any one religious view over another.

Question: Do you believe that the universe had some type of god, source, creator or prime mover at the beginning of time. I can think of only 3 answers to this question.

1. Yes I believe in a god.
2. No I don't believe in a god
3. The answer is unknown to me---I do not choose to think about it.

unknown to me

2. Don't believe in a god or gods

I'm a big supporter of Chaos Theory

The first theory of the creation of the universe was that God was alone but he felt incomplete. God fell asleep wishing to end his loneliness. At some point during his sleep he felt a sudden awakening in himself. When he awoke he found out he had ejaculated the universe into existence. When he examined his ejaculation he decided his ejaculation was good. He would no longer be alone in the world.. An ejaculation would be the perfect example of the universe since no 2 ejaculations either by one man or among all men are ever the same. This leaves opening for the possibility that god created many universes during puberty. By now god may be fully grown and married to a god the same gender as himself. Our desire for gay marriage may be a yearning by us to live like our creator. Free and equal.
I looked at chaos theory and still like the theory I was taught. It is a pagan theory.

gilhooly Wrote:Current research in physics says the universe began approx. 14 billion years ago in a Big Bang. Quantum theory teaches that you can't create something out of nothing.

I'm not disputing the overall intent of you question, I just wanted to add, or offer an extension to your scientific intro. This theory offers information about what may have existed prior to the BiG Bang.

Oh, I believe in some form of the divine, to answer your question.

gilhooly Wrote:Current research in physics says the universe began approx. 14 billion years ago in a Big Bang. Quantum theory teaches that you can't create something out of nothing. Most physicists seem to believe some kind of "god particle" was present at the beginning of the universe. For obvious reasons scientists are reluctant to endorse any one religious view over another.

Question: Do you believe that the universe had some type of god, source, creator or prime mover at the beginning of time. I can think of only 3 answers to this question.

1. Yes I believe in a god.
2. No I don't believe in a god
3. The answer is unknown to me---I do not choose to think about it.

There seems to be a lot of religion on the board this morning.

Quantum theory does not teach that you can't create something out of nothing, exactly the opposite in fact, do a search for quantum foam.

Physicists do not believe in some kind of "god particle". They are searching for the Higgs boson, which is predicted to exist and if found will confirm a whole tranche of what is at present prediction based on previous findings. The particle will only be revealed in very high energy interactions and is therefore somewhat elusive.

The theory, the physical results of experiments and the speculations of physicists are absolutely silent on the matter of god and will remain so even if the existence of the particle is confirmed. The popular press will exhibit no such reticence.

All your answers assume the existence of a god, they permit me only to affirm his existence deny his existence or say I don't know; my answer must be, therefore, none of the above and it must be qualified by stating that hijacking science to the cause will not offer us any insight into answering the question.

I'm liking the idea of two colliding membrane universes creating the big bang that created our universe - has to do with multiple dimensions and string theory but my understanding of theoretical physics doesn't go much farther than Star Trek I'm afraid :biggrin:

Wow, a little volatile on the subject. Why is that, Card?

gilhooly Wrote:Quantum theory teaches that you can't create something out of nothing.

Quantum theory is wrong. As it stands it is incompatible with gravity. Classical physics breaks-down fundamentally at the big bang. A 'unified theory' might well too.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Quantum theory is wrong. As it stands it is incompatible with gravity. Classical physics breaks-down fundamentally at the big bang. A 'unified theory' might well too.
Well get out there and fix it Fred. Glad we got you on the case! :tongue: