Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your biggest mistake at work/school?
Hi,
Whats your biggest mistake you ever done at work or school??? What did you do to rectify it or combat it? What was the outcome???

Mine was about 3 weeks ago and i am talking about this because its now died of death... l was doing my usual round on my job and came across something which i was unsure as to whether it was real vehicle or not so i asked for a second opinion and got refused one... After describing it i issued a charge notice to it and it turned out to be a converted mobility scooter.... Well the story didn't end here even though it was made to look like a vehicle and driven around town.... The owner went to the local press about it who then got wind onto ITV news and then it was put in national UK papers which headed it as TOY BUS... I thought the nightmare would end there except it went across the sea to france and european countries before escalating and going round asia, america and australia... l was receiving daily phone calls from friends telling me which papers in which countries had featured it and my life was being invaded.... My boss summoned me to the office and i was to receive a very big bollocking which would of cost me my job.... Luckily my other managers below him defended me and stated i am too good to loose or something along that line and afterwards i returned for lunch and wrote a letter of apology to my boss and the director of the company explaining that I am having a few issues in life and some other random bullshit which worked....

l avoided a disciplinary and sacking and have learnt that doing it again would cost me my job...

Wow Zeon. That was an extreme reaction to such a small(ish) mistake.:eek::frown:

My mistake would be being weak in general throughout my school carrier.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

What's a school carrier, David? Something to carry your school for you, or to carry things to school in?

Oh, sorry, you mean career, probably... lol.

I've only ever made small mistakes at work.

Biggest mistake of my school career... getting a bachelor's in microbiology that was a waste of 3 years I could have been studying something I actually liked.

Waaay tooo many mistakes that led to troubles. Mostly because I provoked out of hot-headedness.

Graduating, biggest mistake of my life.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

My biggest mistake at my shop and when I was bartending is that I have a "lets hang out" thing in me...a flashing red light that they see but I don't...so I always have someone (or two or three or four or five...) hanging out with me and then I neglect other things that I need to be doing.

3/4 of the time I come here or any other internet site is I am trying to escape the conversation. I get tired after awhile so it is nice to read in silence.

I spent 4 years training to be a carpenter and at the end of that time decided I hated working with wood. It was not really a waste because what I wanted to do only came to the fore in the 1980. that was computers and now I work with them all the time and love what I do

This sounds like one of those interview questions to which there are no good answers! I have nothing as spectacular as zeon, although I did bring the roof down at a garage in London about forty years ago. I had just started driving a truck for a firm of builders and had never really thought about height restrictions before :redface:

Zeon, I hope you are doing better and things have settle down some. Bighug