Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends Asking About Sexual Roles
My boyfriend and I are really close friends with a straight couple and one night they told us that they were curious as to who pitched between my boyfriend and I. We told them and it wasn't a big deal. About a month later I was hanging out with one of my good friends from high school and after I had explained that I was dating he hinted towards asking if we'd had sex. I told him we had and he asked, "Are you top or bottom?"

I'm just wondering. . . Has anyone else been asked this? Why do they care?

I've only been asked this acouple of times by some close friends more jokingly than anything. I think they ask just to somewhat push buttons. There's no real purpose behind it.

I think they want to find out which ones the bottom as it's associated with being the weaker less manly role,whenever my friends ask me such personel questions i just say a little bit of both,though now and again i tell them where to go.

BENDERBOY Wrote:I think they want to find out which ones the bottom as it's associated with being the weaker less manly role,whenever my friends ask me such personel questions i just say a little bit of both,though now and again i tell them where to go.

Its a funny misconception honestly. Im about 6'1 weight over 200 lbs, almost all muscle. I find it ridiculously hot when a smaller guy tops me, dunno why. But im one of the more masculine guys I know Tongue

I usually refuse to answer that question. Although, from my standoffish WASP upbringing the idea of asking anyone about anything sexual seems terribly rude.

OrphanPip Wrote:I usually refuse to answer that question. Although, from my standoffish WASP upbringing the idea of asking anyone about anything sexual seems terribly rude.

That's prolly more of society's old rules that you shouldn't talk about sex period. But honestly people ask because they are curious. It's a weird curiousity, but I mean when you see a Hetero couple you never have to ask whose top and whose bottom you already know, but when you see a gay couple it could be either or

I'm with Pip, although I can understand curiosity of people to know, I just seems so uncouth to just ask.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

hmmmmmm this is a hard one, but at the end of the day its something you do with a partener in the bedroom.

I lived for years in Japan and often got this question from Japanese friends, but it was never, 'Are you top or bottom?' It was always, 'Are you the man or the woman?' Used to infuriate me.

I think the subject of sex is in and of itself quite entertaining to most people. So, inquiring minds want to know. So they ask.