Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Lubricant for sex
I was sitting at the lunch table today at work and a coworker was complaining about how expensive the repair bill was going to be to get his car fixed at the local automotive repair shop. Another coworker who talks to the repair shop on a regular basis chimed in trying to make light of the situation at hand by saying some thing to the effect of "I told them to make sure they got the jar of Vaseline out and gave you the complimentary reach around". I stayed out of the conversation as usual and just listened contently as my lunch hour came to a end.

The conversation got me thinking and piqued my interest. The obvious question that came to mind was "What is the best lubricant for anal sex?". I want to know what your answer would be to this question.

Thats more a question of safety....

water-soluble is ok
fat of every kind destroyed the condom

fenris Wrote:Thats more a question of safety....

water-soluble is ok
fat of every kind destroyed the condom

Vaseline definitely would not be my first choice. It is messy, greasy and as you stated the oils in it would destroy condoms in short order. Im not currently in a relationship but I use KY jelly for solo pleasure. Way back in my teen years I used hand lotion for lubrication for sex with my partner. I would not recommend using lotion because the perfumes use to irritate my bum and it used to sting afterwards. That is one reason we discontinued having sex.

Sperm

----

Water based ones like KY are probably best, also KY can be bought at any pharmacy, which is convenient.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:Sperm ----
Unfortunately, it's not always available at the moment one needs it and it tends to dry rather quickly Rolleyes

Guess I'll share some of my research with you. Confusedmile:
Just what I found to be a good article on the different kinds of lubes: Sex is Fun: Picking the Right Lube for You

From about.com:
What’s a Good Lubricant for Anal Sex?
Top 5 Lubricants for Gay Men

Link to drugstore.com with reviews and list of ingredients:
Liquid Silk <--353 reviews
Also search there for Liquid Silk Maximus (for some reason it keeps linking back to the regular Liquid Silk, but the Maximus only has 5 reviews there.
Boy Butter, has 36 reviews.
Gun Oil only has 14 reviews.

Link to Amazon.com with reviews:
Liquid Silk <-- 29 reviews
Liquid Silk Maximus <-- 31 reviews [Note: If you click on the "5 star", and look at all the 5 star reviews on page 1, 5th one down, there is an actual review from a gay guy,]
Boy Butter <--I think it's natural and vegan, but silicone based and NOT condom safe.
Gun Oil; silicone based, but says it's condom safe<-- 32 reviews

This is a May 2010 article about some research on lube/damage to cells because of salts/sugars/drying out effect: Understanding New Research on Lubricant Use During Anal Intercourse. The lubes I listed above were not included in the research, but KY was. So, you might find it an interesting read.

Who knew there was an organisation such as the International Rectal Microbicide Advocates (IRMA)?

The website states:
"Created in 2005, the International Rectal Microbicide Advocates (IRMA) is comprised of over 1,000 advocates, policymakers and leading scientists from 6 continents working together to advance a robust rectal microbicide research and development agenda - with the goal of creating safe, effective, acceptable and accessible rectal microbicides for the women, men, and transgender individuals around the world who engage in anal intercourse. IRMA works to confront the institutional, socio-cultural and political stigma around the public health need for rectal microbicide research, and to increase funding and commitment within this field of inquiry. IRMA - the bottom line in HIV prevention."

That final phrase has got to be intentional, surely!

DUREX PLAY
or
DUREX PLAY tingle

they're cool

KY. It's cheap and easy to obtain at any drugstore.