Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True love does exist?
Ok, guys,

Here I need your advice toward the bringing up topic.

Up to this seconds,I myself hardly believe when someone is trying to get close to me as I always distrust they being honestly loving me.

Somewhat I doubt on 'true love' does exist as many guys only looking for sexual intercourse-partner.

What I'm looking for is beyond that BUT WHERE?!

SHARE YOUR THOUGHT PLEASE!

Im scared of the word LOVE, it can be easly said but its a speical word that should only be said when it truely can be seen in a couple. It might be rare but it does happen...

Yes, I think you can say that true love exists, but I suppose the definition is very much everyone's own.
What I mean by that is that love comes in all sorts of guises and from all sorts of people.
I'm sure my parents have true love for me, what we sometimes call unconditional love.
I'm sure some of my friends have a love for me that is true and loyal too.
As for finding true love in a romantic relationship, it is possible, but it's not always easy to find that 'perfect' partner... the one who meets all your romantic needs. Sometimes we may settle for a companionship that is better than being alone. If you are lucky to throw in romance to the equation then you have a loving and friendly partnership. All sorts of relationships exist.
True love can also be a fluctuating notion, and sometimes love needs to be worked on. It doesn't just exist in a state of perpetual bliss.
I think we also say true love when the love is requited and shared equally... but maybe someone may feel true love for someone who doesn't share the same feelings.
As for passion, it may be another different notion.
It's easier to find sex than to find love.

True love doesn't always arrive from the person you expect it too :tongue:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:True love doesn't always arrive from the person you expect it too :tongue:

hmmmm I'm agreeing with you a lot today mark lol xx

Artists have been trying to define love for millennia. Like you, I have many questions about it, and a few months ago I was throughly convinced I was in love with someone. Of course, he was straight, so I spent weeks and weeks trying desperately to get over loving him. To answer the skeptics, this was definitely something more than a strong sexual attraction. Without going into details, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that what I was feeling was love. What a powerful feeling it was. I decided that something so intense and powerful should not be left up to artists to define and debate. There simply had to be a physiological reason for why I was feeling what I was feeling.

And I was right. Dopamine and Norepinephrine acting on specific parts of the brain cause the elation which for so long humanity could only wax poetically about. This knowledge that what I was feeling was a chemical reaction and nothing more has helped me function. I won't say it eliminated my love for him, but it helped me understand that it has less to do with him and more to do with my brain. Love is a drug, and like any drug, the higher you get, the farther you crash. He didn't love me back, so on the "how great is your love high?" spectrum, I never made it past 'buzzed'.

I may sound ridiculously cynical here, but this is the mentality I have adopted to withstand the feelings I have and know I shouldn't. As for whether or not there is true love, I desperately hope there is, and I desperately hope that something happens to change my attitude about it, but I'm not holding my breath on either count.

Of course true love exists ......unconditional love is even better.

I believe in it, what my grandparents had, that was true love. They were married, and Happy for 60 years, without any need for counselling. And they never even fought. When my grandfather passed away, my grandmother never considered looking for someone else, & Im sure that if an afterlife does exist, they're together now Smile

That said, never found anyone I can say i loved (family not included of course). Ive been infatuated, but never met 'The One'

musicman2229 Wrote:Artists have been trying to define love for millennia. Like you, I have many questions about it, and a few months ago I was throughly convinced I was in love with someone. Of course, he was straight, so I spent weeks and weeks trying desperately to get over loving him. To answer the skeptics, this was definitely something more than a strong sexual attraction. Without going into details, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that what I was feeling was love. What a powerful feeling it was. I decided that something so intense and powerful should not be left up to artists to define and debate. There simply had to be a physiological reason for why I was feeling what I was feeling.

And I was right. Dopamine and Norepinephrine acting on specific parts of the brain cause the elation which for so long humanity could only wax poetically about. This knowledge that what I was feeling was a chemical reaction and nothing more has helped me function. I won't say it eliminated my love for him, but it helped me understand that it has less to do with him and more to do with my brain. Love is a drug, and like any drug, the higher you get, the farther you crash. He didn't love me back, so on the "how great is your love high?" spectrum, I never made it past 'buzzed'.

I may sound ridiculously cynical here, but this is the mentality I have adopted to withstand the feelings I have and know I shouldn't. As for whether or not there is true love, I desperately hope there is, and I desperately hope that something happens to change my attitude about it, but I'm not holding my breath on either count.

May you be so lucky as to find it... and not spend your whole life looking for it.

BYoNexus Wrote:I believe in it, what my grandparents had, that was true love. They were married, and Happy for 60 years, without any need for counselling. And they never even fought. When my grandfather passed away, my grandmother never considered looking for someone else, & Im sure that if an afterlife does exist, they're together now Smile

That said, never found anyone I can say i loved (family not included of course). Ive been infatuated, but never met 'The One'

Good luck to you too. It may not be easy, but the thing is to keep one's mind and heart open, I guess, and let the magic operate. Confusedmile: