Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fashion advice?
Hey all!

So Im a guy with little to no fashion sense, cause I was a closet gay guy for too long and was going for the bland look. I want to change that but dont know where to start.

Anyone have any tips? Thanks

Fashion varies from person to person.. Also depends a lot on your physical appearance such as body shape and size etc :tongue:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Fashion varies from person to person.. Also depends a lot on your physical appearance such as body shape and size etc :tongue:

True, but I think there must be a few basic pointers? If it helps, im very lean and tall, with skin a little on the pale side.

Are you from the UK or somewhere else? :tongue: Only ask because again style dramatically changes where you are from. - And are you looking for a specific look that is in fashion or just something that is for you?
[/COLOR]

Also age :redface: That can change how you dress too :tongue:
[/COLOR]

i agree with Marky, more info then we can tailor the advice!

That being said, if you're pale like me you should stick to light/bright colours rather than dark ones...at least for a start!

Marky Wrote:Are you from the UK or somewhere else? :tongue: Only ask because again style dramatically changes where you are from. - And are you looking for a specific look that is in fashion or just something that is for you?

Makes sense. Im from the East coast of canada. And What Im looking for is just something for me, but that would look good, cause everything i have is drab,aand dark colored.

Marky Wrote:Also age :redface: That can change how you dress too :tongue:

Lets say somewhere between 22-26

Ceruleaan Wrote:i agree with Marky, more info then we can tailor the advice!

That being said, if you're pale like me you should stick to light/bright colours rather than dark ones...at least for a start!

Thanks! This is good to know, since I have mainly dark colored clothing (not a preference, just turned out that way). Ill keep that in mind.

So, I just check some stuff. Im between 5' 6 - 5'8, 122.2 pounds, very slim, pale skin. Medium-short, brownish-red hair.

Well in the UK for guys I think the whole fashion trend has changed a lot.. Checked shirts are still a big seller, a lot of jumpers with cartoon characters on are also big, I do agree with above about bright colours - Just stay away from scarily bright :tongue:

I think you should try things slowly.. If you've never worn shirts try one ! Same with Jeans or chinos or 3/4 lengths - Just try things see how they look on you - go to a few shops I don't really know any canadian shops but go and see what they are selling.. Look at the mannequins they use as they tend to be the best sellers (Most fashionable items at the moment). Don't be afraid to ask staff there too :p

But yeh my advice go out and try things see how they look.. if unsure try them on take a few pics on your phone, (assuming you have a camera phone), and ask mates for opinions :tongue:
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Well in the UK for guys I think the whole fashion trend has changed a lot.. Checked shirts are still a big seller, a lot of jumpers with cartoon characters on are also big, I do agree with above about bright colours - Just stay away from scarily bright :tongue:

I think you should try things slowly.. If you've never worn shirts try one ! Same with Jeans or chinos or 3/4 lengths - Just try things see how they look on you - go to a few shops I don't really know any canadian shops but go and see what they are selling.. Look at the mannequins they use as they tend to be the best sellers (Most fashionable items at the moment). Don't be afraid to ask staff there too :p

But yeh my advice go out and try things see how they look.. if unsure try them on take a few pics on your phone, (assuming you have a camera phone), and ask mates for opinions :tongue:

Sound advice. Ill probably go and do that then. If anyone else has advice/ideas tho, feel free to psot them.

Don't think of it as a chore or something you have to do.. Fashion should be fun :biggrin: and most importantly.. it should be YOU!
[/COLOR]