Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers
Hokay, here's another question ... how many of you say your prayers (not figuratively - literally) before going to bed ?

I do when things are weighing on my mind ... like when my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer (she's fine now, thank God), or when my friends are upset or I'm worried about them ...

... or when I want a certain girl group out of the X-Factor ... :redface: ... so OBVIOUSLY I reserve it for particularly important events Grlaugh.

... but what about you guys ??

Cheers,

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

ha, me, never

Nope... who would I be praying to? I'm an athiest after all.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Nope... who would I be praying to? I'm an athiest after all.

Do atheists believe in the 'universe'? I am not one but i have a faith so i will ask things i need and they do come true soon without realizing it sometimes..

spotysocks Wrote:Do atheists believe in the 'universe'? I am not one but i have a faith so i will ask things i need and they do come true soon without realizing it sometimes..

What are you meaning by 'universe'... literally speaking, yes, of course, but you stuck it in ' ' so I'm guessing you're meaning summat more figuratively?

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:What are you meaning by 'universe'... literally speaking, yes, of course, but you stuck it in ' ' so I'm guessing you're meaning summat more figuratively?

No, take the ' ' off . the universe as we think of it has energies that effect whatever is in it. There are people who say if one needs/ desires something with a pure heart and is possible to happen then it will happen. thats where i am praying to most of the time.

With my mom being a devoted Christian & my dad being an orthodox Jew,I was bound to be a prayerholic!I do it every night & morning.*gets on soapbox* I think that we should always talk to God as frequently as possibleg.not only when we're in trouble.

No, I don't pray. Even when I'm at a huge assembly and everyone bows there head, I start thinking of other things. I like to believe my own strength will help get through the hardships in life.

A nice, varied set of responses ... it's nice to see that people do have reasons for their answers too Confusedmile:.

Cheers all,

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

spotysocks Wrote:No, take the ' ' off . the universe as we think of it has energies that effect whatever is in it. There are people who say if one needs/ desires something with a pure heart and is possible to happen then it will happen. thats where i am praying to most of the time.

That doesnt really work for me... I just have my hopes and dreams, I'll do what I can to reach my goals, but succeed or fail, its just a case of what is meant to be for me.

As for others... I'll have my thoughts for them in their time of need, and aid them if/when possible, but no praying of any sorts is involved.