Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIV Positive
Anyone else in here HIV positive?! I can't be the only one, haha
Just want to know your story on how you found out.

Me? I was just part of a study for take home HIV tests.
They drew my blood one week and I got the take home test (oral swab) to do at home the following week. Did the take-home, got a negative and went into the office the next day only to find out my blood came back positive.
Needless to say I was floored, especially since it was so unexpected..

Wow damn that sucks =( Im not as far as I know ._. but still I think there might be I don't really know though since I haven't really seen any HIV topics on here :/

We have one other that I know of, but I'm not going to go posting his name around since it's a sensitive subject.

I was negative at my last testing. I haven't had sex with anyone since then.

I was surprised there wasn't any (none came up when I typed in the title of this post)
I mean this is a gay forum and it's a disease that's widespread and common, especially in our community...hello!

We have threads on HIV, at least I've seen a couple since I've been here.

SkullTshirt Wrote:I was surprised there wasn't any (none came up when I typed in the title of this post)
I mean this is a gay forum and it's a disease that's widespread and common, especially in our community...hello!

I think for many people it is another - a second - outing. And another problem is fear .... what can people say if they hear that someone has Aids .. or what can people say ABOUT THEM SELF if they hear that a friend of them maybe has Aids....

You know ... they Gay-World is in many parts a illusory world ... all are healthy ... nobody has problems ( the only allowed problem ist the outing part ) all are young, nice and rich, And as long as the gay-community not learned that they are not more or less perfect then all other people they suppress problems wich can show them in a less perfect light.

ooh wow Sad sorry to hear that *hugs im not sure if i know anyone here thats positive myself

Thanks for the support.
And I really like what fenris said, it really is like a second outing. I feel that way when I tell my dearest and closest friends about my newfound illness.

i have never taken the test, wont do so until i get into a serious relationship. but im the sort of guy who would live his life ignoring his death sentence. ONE LIFE, ONE Purpose, and that is too enjoy it all!

Frankly, being HIV+ is no longer a death sentence if you live in a rich country. With the aid of drugs one can remain fit and active without AIDS for many years. We will all die soon or later, those with HIV will die sooner but not by that much, if treated. If you think it's possible you might have been exposed to HIV, it is well worth getting yourself tested, regardless of the current state of your love-life.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.