Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow's Cookery Extravaganza
I am not a good cook - I never have been ... and rather oddly the only people I've ever dated have either been really good in the kitchen, or chefs themselves - however none of them have ever tried to teach me to cook with the exception of my current boyfriend (who is my longest-standing boyfriend at coming up for 2 years ConfusedmileSmile.

ANYHOW ... I don't know whether it was a genuine desire to see me become au fait with working in a kitchen, or just a sense of morbid curiosity, but he's been teaching me how to cook, and COR BLIMEY have I come on in leaps and bounds.

Before I started I could screw up TOAST. Cup of tea and microwave food was about all I could manage ...

... now ? I've worked my way through poaching eggs, roasting potatoes, par-boiling spuds, sweating off veggies and all sorts, and I can now muster up a few dishes including :-

1) Leek and Potato Soup (my FAVOURITE soup bar none);
2) Smoked Salmon and Spinach Pasta;
3) Chicken and Spinach Pasta (as above but with a subtle twist);
4) Corned Beef Hash; and

... the pièce de résistance ...

5) Roquefort and cranberry-stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in Parma Ham and roasted, served alongside French beans and roast potatoes.

... which I think is a PRETTY good step away from marmite on toast and a cuppa.

He's great, and I'm so very, very lucky to have him :biggrin:.

Just thought I'd share that :redface:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Sounds great Shadow! Delia Smith eat your heart out!

Cheers babe :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Our very own Naked Chef (in more ways than one I hope!).I'm useless in the kitchen but I can at least boil water!

I've never tried cooking in the nude actually ... I'd feel a bit too hedonistic I think, plus there's always the danger of oil splatting bits you would rather remained UNburnt ...

Let's just say I'd rather my bockwurst didn't become a chipolata !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Are you kidding me?There's nothing I haven't done in my kitchen & I mean NOTHING! :biggrin:

Nope, never ... I don't think I've even set FOOT in my kitchen naked - always with my pants on at least ... :redface:.

Propriety DEMANDS it !! Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:I've never tried cooking in the nude actually ... I'd feel a bit too hedonistic I think, plus there's always the danger of oil splatting bits you would rather remained UNburnt ...

Let's just say I'd rather my bockwurst didn't become a chipolata !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I have cooked in the nude and lets just say that hot oil splashes, and its painful.

ardus Wrote:I have cooked in the nude and lets just say that hot oil splashes, and its painful.

LOL want some cream rubbed? Wink
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:LOL want some cream rubbed? Wink

I never say no to a good rubbing