Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't ask Don't tell
for those of us in America ...

A good step forward .. even if you don't participate - at least acknowledge it is happening

On November 30th, 2007, a three-day tribute will begin on the National Mall in our nation’s capital to coincide with the signing of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law. One American flag will be placed on the Mall (between 7th and 14th Streets) for each discharged service member. These flags will stand as a testament to the national security harm caused by this discriminatory law, and will serve as the backdrop for a series of events honoring LGBT service members, their sacrifice, and their fight to serve with dignity.

THIS I would march for. One of the more stupid policies still on the books. Shameful and moronic and biggoted.

yes, just remember where it came from

Could you please explain to me what this is about ?

I don't really know :redface:.

Cheers,

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Don't ask Don't tell is our military policy towards gas and lesbians.

When Clinton came into office he promised to lift the ban on gays in the military. Remeber, this was 1992 (?). When he actually tried to lift the ban, the joint chiefs of staff caused a riot and refused. So the compromise was it is still techinicaly illegal to be gay in the military, but as long as you don't come out, they won't ask any questions.

On paper it sounded like, if not a good compromise, at least a workable one. In fact, because the issue now was an issue, more pople have been cast out than every before.

One of the big disapoinments of the clinton presidency. The whole issue was just a bit before it's time. It found and easy home in the rising religious rights agenda and became one of their battle cries. The great homosexual agenda Clinton was trying to push onto america.

Hee hee, that first sentence is Gays and lesbians....not that I'm saying no lesbains have/had gas, even the ones in the military....but that wasn't my point ;-)

LOL !

Thanks babe - now I understand what the fuss is all about ...

... haven't the American Military Forces ever heard of SPARTA ?? In ancient civilised cultures promoting same-sex relations had a HUGE impact on the willingness of the fighting force to lay their lives on the line for each other ... after all, he's not just your comrade-at-arms - he's also your lover ... imagine the additional power you'd wield in a fight if your husband were about to be shot or stabbed ...

... honestly, the sheer DUMB-factor of the American Government is sometimes too great to quantify with adjectives ...

... not that our own is a shining example of how to get things right, but hey !!

Perhaps I should have become an anarchist ????? :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Silly huh?

It seems all you have to do to defeat the Ameircan Military is to flood the field with homo's. Tanks, guns, bombs, chemical weapons....no prob. Share a foxhole with a gay man and it's like King Arthur facing the rabid white rabbit, "run awaaaaaaaaaay".

stupid law is keeping me from a good job.... can't become a military RD b/c I refuse to hide who I am and it would make it difficult to move my partner around with me.... no where else in the country does a clinical dietitian have a chance to make 70k a year..... *sigh* oh well.

maybe one day the stupid law will be lifted...

Sorry babe - it's probably me, but ... what's an RD please ?? :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

xx