Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the line between chubby or fat?
Where is the line between chubby and fat? I am somewhere over 6 feet tall (187.9) and around 275 Pounds (125 kg). I do not know how much bone mass or muscle mass i got but many gets surprised when i tell them about my weigh, i do not know if that is cause they are plainly trying to be nice. I would consider being as round as Homer Simpson when I think about it, maybe thinner or so i don't know.

Be honest please...

But also, any suggestions of diets and exercise that is going to last? I have tried many times to loose weigh but it takes to long time, to damn hard or has given no results.

I think chubby is just a nicer way of saying a person is over weight. The truth is the only way to lose weight permanently is to lower your calorie intake and a little more exercise like walking which is one of the best exercises out, and a lot of will-power, I wish you the best it's hard.

Personally I think everyone is different, it depends on your body frame. 275 pounds is the equivalent of 19.4 stone in English measurements and that is very big I would recommend you lose 3 stone at least if you have a big frame and if you want to lose more keep going but remain healthy. To be quite honest if you remain at that weight you risk having a stroke or heart attack or developing diabetes. Plus it is also a self confidence thing, Are you happy with how you look? Do clothes fit you well enough or are they stretched? Do you want to change your life?

I have always been chubby and overweight but one day I decided to change my eating exercise and most of all my life. Since June I achieved a 35 pound weightloss and I look great. I can buy designer clothes and they fit awesome. I also feel better in myself and I feel healthy. I am now 15.5 stone however I do martial arts and being 6ft 2 my body is just right for me.

As for eating and exercise, cut out all the sweets and soft drinks, all the sugar and fat to. Eat to live don't live to eat. It does get easier, your mind set will change and you will be able to make the right choices. As for exercise, do loads of cardio and I mean loads, running, cross trainer and skipping you name it. The pounds should fall off. Now I do have cheat days where I do eat something I like, but I have a sensible portion. Also I don't drink as frequently as I used to.

Good luck Confusedmile:

Also a man is supposed to eat 2500 calories a day maybe cut it down to 2000 or even 1800 so there is a deficit, there will be even more of a deficit if you exercise heavily. Eat sensibly and train sensibly. Confusedmile:

I agree with you mrk2010 however, I would suggest he walks before he runs because at that weight running could so easily bring on heart attack. and drinking beer is one of the best ways of putting on weight

Also it depends on how old he is, if he is a young gentleman I don't see the problem with running, but if older maybe take it easy Confusedmile:

Yes you do have a good point there we don't know his age or his general fitness

I know a girl who weighed more than him and by god did she run, she is rake thin now and looks good, you will have success if you try. Also maybe discuss your weightloss program with your doctor. I have a personal trainer/coach but if you can't afford/one is not available the doctor/local nurse is your best bet :-)

Also think about making your weigh loss public, that helped me, it will kind of push you to lose weight more as a motivational tool. Also if you lose a significant amount of weight treat yourself to a total make over, new clothes, shoes, haircut. Hope this goes well Confusedmile:

I don't know how old you are, but I found a chart that is a height/weight proprotion, based on a 25 year old man.

If you are a "larged framed" man, at 6 feet tall, you should be between 170-190 pounds, if you are at 275, you are about 100 pouns overweight, and you need to do something to lose weight.

I can understand your frustration at the slow pace of losing weight, but anything worth having is anything worth waiting and working for.

I am 5'7" and according to that chart, when I was at my heaviest, I was 295, so I was 125 pounds overweight. I've since lost about 80 pounds, and want to lose about 30 m0re. I won't get down to my "ideal" weight, but according to my doctor, I'm 42 now and I shouldn't hurt myself trying to get to an unrealistic weight.

When I started the diet/exercising, I bascially cut out a lot of stuff I had no business eating in the first place. I stopped all fried food, all regular soda, all fast food, increased my vegetable intake, and started exercising 15 minutes each morning and then 15 minutes each night before bed. After about a month or so, I increased the exericse time to 30 minutes at night. Another month later, I increased the exercise to 30 minutes in the morning and evening, and gradually continued to increase the excercise time.

It will take time, but for me, the weight has stayed off, and I'm hoping to reach my goal.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!