Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bf & Dating Websites
I have been with my bf for 6 months. We've known each other and lived together for a year. He's 21 and out, while I'm 26 and recently out. He's had far more experience than myself. But I've had an issue with him lately that I don't know how to confront him about. Before we met, I knew that my bf was on those dating websites like 'manhunt' etc. He doesn't know that I know. It's something I accidentally stumbled upon. Anyway, lately I've noticed he's been logging into the site, whenever we're at the parentals. Because there is wi-fi there, and he has an itouch. I might be naive, but I've always considered these sites simply as a place to hook-up. I always ask myself, why he goes on here when he's got me? I feel depressed when I find out he's 'on'. Sometimes I turn cold towards him when I find out, and he asks me what's up.

The thing is, when he moved up with me, I wasn't out. I didn't have any gay friends or go to the gay clubs. He on the other hand, had a lot of gay friends and went out to the gay clubs a lot when he was with his ex. But anyway, it got me thinking, maybe he's on these websites to make new friends, because he told me when he dropped the ex, he dropped everything associated with him. What do you guys think? I simply can't get pass the thought that it's a hook up site, and only for hook ups. How do I confront him about this? If I say I know your on these websites, I might be backing him up into a corner. I don't wanna do that, but I have to let him know somehow how I feel.

Another thing is that we're breaking it off at the end of the year. Because I'm moving interstate to finish off studying. We've talked about this and both agreed that the long distant thing ain't gonna work out. Which I'm kinda cool with, but haven't dealt with properly.

Honestly I'm somewhat going through the same thing except we have been dating for 2 months. Granted I go on because I'm bored. and that's possibly what he is doing and the same goes for the guy I'm seeing. I do not know how often he is on, so I can't jump the gun. Now if you know how often he is on, I think you should be able to ask him casually or just leave it alone til he becomes distant with you.

jdude Wrote:I have been with my bf for 6 months. ... we're breaking it off at the end of the year. Because I'm moving interstate to finish off studying. We've talked about this and both agreed that the long distant thing ain't gonna work out.

kinda sad the break up but why spend the energy. He is looking for his next boo, so let him.