Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in need
hello, I decided to make a profile on here because i need people i can talk to honestly as I have few of those, and would quite like somewhere I can be myself. Here's a brief description of my rather boring life!

i'm 22, a short slim blonde sort of boy, and have a degree in Illustration and graphic design. I live in a small and depressing village in northern england with my parents who don't know i'm gay and don't acknowledge me much at all. i have had a boyfriend for 4 years who is 29, is a sergeant in the british army and is currently in afghanistan. I worry about him and miss him every day and it's especially hard that I don't really have anyone i can talk to when i'm feeling down about it.

I have many friends, but I don't get much chance to see them, and when I do we mainly just get drunk, my life during the week consists of working in a job I hate then mostly being alone in my room working out or masturbating vigorously.

I'm very masculine but i'm a shy person and tend to get ignored, which really pisses me off because I know i have talent and intelligence and I'm also well funny and nice and stuff!

I really don't understand how my life has come to this, I need to meet some new people! I have lots to offer but lately it feels like i'm invisible. Talk to me people! I love good music and art and intelligent conversation, and funny people! anybody who is funny please talk to me I need cheering up!

That's all really, hope to hear from.. anyone! If you think I sound like an alright sort of lad send me a message, would love to meet some new online friends to share experiences, life stories, listen etc! Loads of love! Me!

I think you will find that the people on here are very nice and easy to both talk to and open up to. I hope you have as good an experience here as I have.
Richard

i have had a boyfriend for 4 years who is 29, is a sergeant in the british army and is currently in afghanistan. I worry about him and miss him every day and it's especially hard that I don't really have anyone i can talk to when i'm feeling down about it.

I have always empathized with the partners/spouses of the men and women who are serving in the armed forces. I would think it would be hard to miss them and worry about them......

Welcome to the board...I hope you enjoy yourself here!

G day George, and thanks for joining us. Many of us are oceans apart but we all manage to get along well, many I would call good mates.

My heart always goes out to partners and families of soldier serving overseas.

Hi George,
Welcome to the family.

There is no friendlier place then G.S. you have come to the right place.
My heart felt prayers to all that have someone in the military.

welcome, George. I know you'll meet some pretty cool people here Smile I send my thoughts and prayers out to you and your boyfriend <3

We are all under appreciated to one point or another. Get used to it.

Most of us work jobs we hate. A few of us have been blessed to do what we love to do - very few of those actually make money off it :biggrin:. I do what I love to do - I build things, I fix things - I make things go. Currently my business is taking a serious dive financially speaking. I'm in the red - but I am loving that I do. Life is grand! :tongue:

What you are experiencing is acutely normal - it has a name, that name is Life.

IT came to this because this is what life is about. Real life - folk on TV shows do not have real lives... if they made a show based on real life suicide rates would sky rocket in the viewing public.

You are ok. You will be OK.

Stick around, play with the forums, play with us - we are all here to have a little fun and camaraderie and comedy.

Wavey Hi and welcome.

Hi George, you added me without talking to me, sorry but I only accept people who I know and who I have chatted to. Look forward to getting to know you though. :-)

hi m8 and its lovely to see u here on GS ,, as u say - how did your life come to this ?? it may be like this right now at 22 bur beleive me that u will go through different phases too..im sure u things were different at 16 for example ,,so dont worry that it will stay the same like now ....were all happy to chat on here about your experiences - i know we have artists on here who are very creative , sure they would love imput from you .... i myself like music so happy to indulge many styles n chat about them - welcome anyway

Hey George,

I'm terribly sorry things are so rough for you, I often pity myself for being so romantically alone, but I can't even start to feel that when I know of people who are in relationships where they can't physically be together too often. But outside of that, I was wondering if we could talk interests, you mentione that you like good music and art etc. I feel I do as well, though primarily I want to talk music...

For most of my childhood I listened to a whole lot of ska (still love it, but have a bit more diversity in my palate these days). Along with ska I also really enjoy punk and reggae. In the past few years I've been getting really interested in folk and rock and roll stemming from an intense love of both the Beatles and the Grateful Dead. The Dead has been my primary source of music. I actually went to Wisconsin (Michigan [my home]'s neighboring state) this past Thanksgiving (Amurrican holiday) to see Furthur featuring Phil Lesch and Bob Weir (the two surviving members of the Dead). It was a crazy show and I loved every minute of it.

I also enjoy classical music, jazz and choral music. My main dislikes are country-western and rap/hip-hop, but I give them occasional listens and do have a couple of songs in each genre that I enjoy.... and so with all that said and done, what kind of music do you like? Oh and how's the weather over there (not cheesy small talk, we're just lacking snow over here and I LOVE snow/wintertime).

-Der Jack

P.S. I was going to personal message this, but since I'm a n00b I have to post some more stuff first.