Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great iPod Alternative?
Any recommendations?

iPhone....

http://matadornetwork.com/goods/12-ipod-alternatives/

Here is a list of 12 alternatives.

I think there is a Samsung Galaxy player 5.0 out now for like $240.USD
Sandisk has a bunch of cheap stuff on the market, but i wouldn't know if that brand is available in your country.

Zune is kind of an option if you don't want to use itunes and comes with most Windows phones now and maybe downloadable to Android phones ( I'm not really in the know on Android OS been using BlackBerry for years and that's not likely to change anytime soon)

The problem is that Apple has done a very good job of monopolizing that whole music market it’s like insane.

pretty much any smartphone these days

I've got a 4S and it's not very ideal as a media player because of the battery issues. Sad And I foolishly gave my Touch to my brother. Laugh

Thanks for the suggestions! More would be welcome. :biggrin:

Portable CD Player? :p

any of the apple hand held stuff has a good feel and generally well made, last a long time... functional.
Sandisk //fell apart in 6mo, lots of bugs in its firmware when it was working
Samsung Galaxy player 5.0 //wow would not pay the $240
some Android phones

i dont like the iTunes app so:
media monkey //a Microsoft app
been using a personal p2p app tontido, unstable but cold be the next thing

really nice iPhone, iPod feature:
it plays more seamless easy to use through the home network into your speakers. So a friend comes by, he can play his iPhone tunes or stream gayfm.com or pandora.com to your speakers with little fuss. See the AirPlay icon?
You need an iPhone or iPad, a AirPortExpress (with an optical TosLink output) WalMart sells the cable a compatible speaker system like a Logitech, there has to be better lower cost speakers out there tho.

i use Airfoil on my laptop, does the same thing but more complicated unstable. Just the iPhone iPod AirPlay, all my stuff is right there in my pocket. less battery issues with my 3GS iPhone, i keep it plugged in at home, i hear it ring through the speakers.

XRIMO Wrote:Portable CD Player? :p

A time traveler! Welcome to the future, mister!

Don't sh*t your pants with all the modern marvels you'll see. :p

Personally, I stick to a seperate smart phone and mp3 player for battery life issues - and have found the creative zen(s) any of them really, to be great alternatives and well.. the sound quality is by far superior to the tinny-ness of an ipod! I'd go for one about 8 Gig or more though if you REALLY like your music, whats more is they're quite compact, extremely easy to use and of course, like I said the sound quality is just.. too great for words.