Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Republican Party 2012

Okay, is it me, or do I get a feeling like every republican is against us? I can't help but wonder how these people sleep in the night knowing of all the pain they cause because of the "laws" they make.

I can't help but think how backwards the republican party minds are, it's like they are stuck in the old ages, the 50's or 20's. I think it'll be quite some time till the gays are given rights like everyone else, we have to get past this old way of thinking and have a president who can see that we're not as bad as people think we are.

Huntsman was the only one out of the entire pack who wasn't a lunatic.

i would never swerve to avoid a republican in a parking lot but keep in mind prez Bill Clinton was responsible for signing DOMA into law back 1996.

I am a little harsh on the parking action; if 2 republican guys were holding hands in the parking lot i would at least speed up so i didnt have to back up for a retry. but this would be a rare and beautiful thing to see because republicans are all in the closet safe.

pellaz Wrote:i would never swerve to avoid a republican in a parking lot but keep in mind prez Bill Clinton was responsible for signing DOMA into law back 1996.

I am a little harsh on the parking action; if 2 republican guys were holding hands in the parking lot i would at least speed up so i didnt have to back up for a retry. but this would be a rare and beautiful thing to see because republicans are all in the closet safe.

LMAO! Emphasis on that LMAO!! ah you made my night.

Indeed - Bill Clinton did sign DOMA, however; think back to the 1996 well over 10 years ago, things were quite different back then weren't they? I was 7 years old, probably didn't he follow politics that much, didn't care for it then.

All of my generation grew up and now here we're in the present, facing our future. All of our future regardless of age.

I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to be openly gay back in the 1996's if that was even possible.

iPromise Wrote:LMAO! Emphasis on that LMA.
sorry to tip your soap box booBiggrinflip

pellaz Wrote:i would never swerve to avoid a republican in a parking lot but keep in mind prez bill clinton was responsible for signing doma into law back 1996.

I am a little harsh on the parking action; if 2 republican guys were holding hands in the parking lot i would at least speed up so i didnt have to back up for a retry. But this would be a rare and beautiful thing to see because republicans are all in the closet safe.

i think youre just sick and bigoted

Clinton is a democrat war criminal against serb people- i would never vote for democrat

GENERALLY speaking, Republicans are on the war path, a crusade even, have changed anger into a virtue, and they seem willing to hurt the country and even themselves if it hurts the Democrats, especially Obama. I've known a few moderate Republicans who have distanced themselves from their party out of shame or even horror at how over the top the party has gotten. I don't expect anything good from them at the moment.

Huntsman was the only one I'd have felt comfortable with as a POTUS hopeful in 2012. All the others I'm very much against. If the political climate was radically different (a lot more liberal, or at least a lot more Democrats, and not the current right wing crusade going on) I might be okay with a couple of them (I won't list them as I'm not about to put up with a debate over it something irrelevant anyway), but in the current crusade I can't accept any of them (save Huntsman).

And there are exceptions, like Mayor Jerry Sanders of San Diego. He even understands true equality for gays, something not even President Obama gets. You can see his speech on why he changed his position saying he could no longer promote civil unions but true marriage equality for gays here:

Unfortunately, he's the exception...and in the current Republican crusade, no Republican like him will prosper (save maybe locally).

iPromise Wrote:
I can't help but think how backwards the republican party minds are, it's like they are stuck in the old ages, the 50's or 20's. I think it'll be quite some time till the gays are given rights like everyone else, we have to get past this old way of thinking and have a president who can see that we're not as bad as people think we are.

If repression has indeed been the fundamental link between power, knowledge, and sexuality since the classical age, it stands to reason that we will not be able to free ourselves from it except at a considerable cost.

Michel Foucault

Most of them are batshit crazy.

I liked Huntsman...he was sane. He had the least amount of support. Why?

I think of the Manchurian Candidate when I see Romney.

Gingrich...you're kidding...right?

Bachman and Santorum make Sarah Palin look good...YIKES!

Rick Perry? Do they have a factory in Texas cranking these GW Models out? I swear when I first saw him I thought he was the newer version of the GW robot. Just listening to him sends shivers down my spine.

I like Olympia Snow.