Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OOH, Christmas came early this year!!
And I just got a new Apple Mac Pro!

Sooooooo hot and sexy and the graphics :eek:

Now Shadow has to get one so he can show me how to use it. But of course nothing techy works for me right off, so of course my old lap tops screen went out two days ago so I have to fnd a way to transfer my data without being able to see the screen.

Like that should be a surprise...parr for the course. Doesn't matter though, cause it's still hot and sexy and I can finally connect my iPhone and not lose my addresses! Biggrinflip

Plug the laptop into a projector at work or summat, so you can see the screen on another screen?? If that makes sense Wink

Of course, depending on what is ON the laptop.. you might wanna do it out of hours! Big Grin

Or plug it into your tv using the cable things.. then you dont need to worry about your naughty vids :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Macs are great! I ve played with one like the one i think you bought and changed my opinion about macs. I couldn't do things like copy a file to a flppy disc which is so straight forward in PCs.

Btw you have the iphoto gallery? Nice little program, simple and easy. And something to compose music and stuff? :biggrin:

I used to have an ibook. Didnt cope half as well as a laptop on windows, and like OMG IT USED TO GET SO DIRTY. :mad:
[/COLOR]

As Shadow ca attest to, I'm nowhere close to being a computer geek. I'm the one who keeps the Geek Squad (and my dear Sahdow) up to their armpits in work.

But so far so good. The real big problem so far (besides not being able to transfer my old files!!!) is re-learning the American keyboard. I've bee using the German one for so many years and there are some subtle differences.

I've fenagled this little cutie from the Apple store to come over and help me transfer data. NOT an apple service by the way.....a gay one :-), but we use what we've got. If he can't help me with my computer at least it won't be a wasted afternoon!

If you can't be a computer geek, be a computer geek supporter! ;-)

But yes it has al kinds of really great picture and video options and also a web design program that enables you to make a website on your pc and upload it directly...maybe everyone ca already do this but it seems like a miracle to me! Click, drag, poke and instant website!

Now if I could just retrieve all mine and Fred's nasty vacation videos.......

Hmm nasty vids how? Wink
[/COLOR]

For those of you who are probably missing sleep worrying about my hard drive, ;-)

Got it fixed and all my data (including the videos!) transfered. I have to say I'm really enjoying my Mac....lots of fun little toys...of course half of which cannot use yet, but bought a class and get a personal one hour training once a week for a year. (Did hear Shadow heave a sigh of relief???)

Sorry Salty, our videos are not for little boys ;-) We'd get arrested for corrupting our youth...and you'd never leave your bedroom again and end up with calluses in all the wrong laces!

Jingle bells boys.

Little. :mad:

Im 19, but I suppose you are only one year younger than my dad, 4/5 years older than my mum, and 13 years younger than my nan :biggrin: So basically past it :tongue:
[/COLOR]

Michael Wrote:For those of you who are probably missing sleep worrying about my hard drive, ;-)

Got it fixed and all my data (including the videos!) transfered.
Jingle bells boys.

Glad to hear it! Confusedmile:

saltybeanz Wrote:Little. :mad:

Im 19, but I suppose you are only one year younger than my dad, 4/5 years older than my mum, and 13 years younger than my nan :biggrin: So basically past it :tongue:

Cheeky Sprite!