Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 Things Gay Guys Do NOT Want To Hear!!!
14 Things to never say to a gay guy............cause we are sick and tired of hearing it!!!!

1. “I have the perfect guy for you. He’s so cute!”

We just met. You literally know nothing about me except that I'm gay. And let's be real, your friend is probably not actually that cute. You know that stereotype about gay men having impossibly high standards? It's not completely wrong.

2. "Gay guys love me!"

The girls who say this sort of thing are usually hot messes. Don't get me wrong, I love a freakum-dress-wearing, binge-drinking, big-hair-don't-care wild child as much as the next guy, but there's something a little scary about a woman who thinks of herself as the gay equivalent of catnip.

3. “I'm like a gay man trapped inside a woman's body.”

I know you're trying to connect with me, but what does that even mean? Does that make me a straight woman trapped inside a gay man's body? Trust me, there's a lot more to being gay than enjoying nice clothes and hooking up with dudes.

4. "How do you know you're gay if you've never been with a woman?"

Did you need to experiment with women to know you were straight? What about porcupines? How do you know you wouldn't enjoy sex with a porcupine if you don't at least try it?

5. “I would never have known you were gay. You seem so straight.”

I know you think this is a compliment, but it's really not. This is not meant as a dig against guys who do "pass for straight," but it's not the kind of thing any of us should be striving for. Being our own authentic selves should be the goal. I haven’t “passed” since I was nine and I’m good with that. In fact, I’m great with that. Besides, it takes a lot of courage to be out and proud.

6. "I wish I had your body. You are so skinny!"

I don't want to be "skinny." I want to be hot. Man hot. Not woman hot. Ok, so some guys want to be skinny, but don't please don't assume I am one of them. I want muscles — big, hulking, roid-raging muscles.

7. “Come to girl’s night!”

If I’m invited then it’s not girl’s night. Stop calling it that! I’m not a girl!

8. “I wouldn’t want my son to be gay, just because life would be so much harder for him then.”

You know what would be really damaging to a kid? If he was gay and he heard his mom or dad say that being gay was a disability that would only make his life harder. Imagine how freaked out that would make him. Besides, I’m amazing and so are all my gay friends.

9. “Boys suck. Why can’t you be straight?”

Again, you probably think you are paying me a compliment, but you're sort of creeping me out. You're making me feel like the only thing stopping you from jumping me right now is that you know it wouldn't go anywhere and that adds a whole new dimension to our relationship that I'm really not comfortable with. Maybe don't try to hold my hand right now.

10. “Why aren't there any pretty lesbians?”

I actually know lots of pretty lesbians. Gorgeous even. You probably do too, you just don't realize it.

11. “You should take me shopping!”

Should I? Even if I liked shopping — which, ironically because I'm a fashion editor, I don't — following you around to a bunch of stores while you try on clothes is not exactly my idea of a dream weekend. Maybe if you agreed to try on whatever I told you to, no questions asked, and bought me dinner afterwards, I would be more inclined to say yes, but even then you're looking at a hard sell.

12. “My boyfriend isn’t homophobic, he’s just uncomfortable around gay guys.”

Some guys have never spent time with an openly gay person and just need to be educated on what gay men are really like. That's fine. But if your guy cringes when a gay man looks at him or thinks gay guys should act more like “straight” men to make themselves more palatable, then he’s an asshole and, honestly, you’re kind of an asshole for dating him. The truth is, his attitude says a lot about you and how much you really value the gay people in your life.

13. “There is no way (insert actor’s name here) can be gay!”

Really? Why not? Because they seem so "macho?" Because they're married? They're actors! Is it too much of a leap to think they might be acting off-screen as well as on? They've got a lot riding on your perception of them. Besides, what do you know about what goes on in in someone else's head? In their private life? Just because you see someone on TV and read about them in magazines doesn't mean you know who they are. The same thing goes for non-actors. I'm never shocked when anyone comes out of the closet. If anything, I'm just sad they felt the need to stay in it for so long in the first place.

14. "Wanna see my vagina?"

No, no, no, no, no. God no! Keep your clothes on. I'm good. Really. I swear.

taken from Cosmopolitan magazine

All of these X 100.

I hate the shopping one. So. Fucking. Much. About 20% of girls will say "LIKE OMFG WE NEED TO GO SHOPPING GURRRRRRL" when they realize I'm gay. No. It's not happening.

I saw a good come back for it though. Posted below.

[Image: 1549378_462187797219373_871454854_n.png]

i (and my wife. and most of the other lesbians we know) hear 10 as
"you're too pretty to be a lesbian xD"

okay ? fuck off.

megumidesu Wrote:i (and my wife. and most of the other lesbians we know) hear 10 as
"you're too pretty to be a lesbian xD"

okay ? fuck off.

And don't forget "What a waste." As if my value is to be the receptacle for a penis, otherwise I'm a "waste." I really dislike hearing that.

I've heard worse. I'm not going to talk about it as it gets me mad and probably would others.

Pix Wrote:And don't forget "What a waste." As if my value is to be the receptacle for a penis, otherwise I'm a "waste." I really dislike hearing that.

ugh i hate that so so much
>____<

megumidesu Wrote:ugh i hate that so so much
>____<

Anyone who says that is a waste of a human being - not worth their own weight in bodily filth

Let them rot

14. - seriously? Jesus Christ...

But I've had lots of these things said to me.

I'm a pretty laid back person when it comes to these things, so most of these don't really piss me off. I don't see much wrong with saying gay guys love you if most or all of the gay guys you've met do, in fact, love you. I think to stereotype your fellow gay men in number one the same way she did is really hypocritical, because I and most of the gay men I know, while we may have a type we prefer, are not wrapped up in impossibly high standards. Speak for yourself and let others speak for THEMselves. There is nothing wrong with the "you seem so straight" line. I've gotten it, and I understand what they're saying. Pretty much every time someone is made aware I'm gay they drop that line, and, crucify me if you wish, I actually do take it as a compliment of sorts. I have nothing against more effeminate men, it's the overt and bombastic flamboyance of the ones I know or interact with that bothers me, especially when they privately admit they turn it up for attention in social settings. If you're skinny and she wishes she were skinny like you are, then there is nothing wrong with her saying she wants to be. That response is projecting insecurities onto someone else and then chastising her for it, which is unfair from my standpoint.

Aside from that, the others have either issues with logic I would gladly help this chick sort out, or blatant ignorance that I would help her sort out with equal joy, but they don't really annoy me or anything. I just understand that, much like I am ignorant about many things (which I seek to change), so is she, which is understandable because sexuality is such a difficult concept to grasp, as are the different personalities people exhibit, whether they're gay or not.

I would just politely inform her that not all gay men enjoy shopping, and in reality many, such as myself and you, would not enjoy that experience, and probably let her know of a few other stereotypes that have no basis in reality for the most part, and help her understand the vast complexities of human sexuality as best I could. The wishing I were straight I understand. I get what they're trying to say, because men suck in their minds and they know I'm caring and loyal. However, I politely explain that if I were straight I would be a totally different person on principle, and I would have had different experiences and reacted to them differently that would make me a completely different individual in many other core ways. The inquiry of seeing female genitalia is understandable in my eyes. I've considered it and human sexuality and the naked body interests me, so I react differently to that then some other gay men because I'm not all that revolted by the idea of doing anything sexually with a woman and have had the thought cross my mind....... it just doesn't excite me.

The big two that struck me, however, were 12 and eight. First off, you're presuming on another without any real evidence. I know many straight men who are either uncomfortable with the idea of being around gay men conceptually, or have put it into practice and felt very odd. This is understandable, because I've walked into situations where I knew someone there wanted to sleep with me and it made me feel a little iffy, and, let's be honest, lots of gay men do like straight guys, and even if they're deluded and the gay man does not find them attractive, the very idea of being around someone who could want you can make some people uncomfortable. They're delusion, if it is, in fact, delusion, could potentially be humorous, and I do love a good laugh. Also, if his experiences with gay men have been limited to more effeminate gay men, their personalities might have been a tad overbearing for him to transition comfortably. I've known guys who were uncomfortable being around gay men, but I'm very easygoing and patient, so they outgrew that and we're friends. Smile

As for eight, again, I understand what they're getting at. Being gay can be a trial growing up, and it doesn't always make you stronger. Wishing your child could avoid that possible pain is a natural and sane reaction, and it doesn't mean they'd lack acceptance when he/she comes out, or that his/her personality won't adapt well and their worries can dissipate.

Honestly, I completely see where you're coming from on this, but I was actually more bothered by your explanations than the quotes themselves. With all due respect, it seemed to project your own views and tendencies onto everyone else, and instead of having understanding and seeking to inform, you brush off ignorance of what could be perfectly kind people due to your own sensitivity. Again, I get the annoyance, because hearing anything 10,000 times would get on most people's nerves, but I think there's a better approach to that then this.

I won't hear "you're too straight" or something but I do get the incesant comments about how is IMPOSSIBLE that I could be gay. Don't really know why.

and that bit "you can't know unless you've been with a girl" and I do have the perfect and logical answer: "dude, your body is giving me a boner, your girl's is not...THATs how I know"

And seriouly, girls? The lesbians I have seen in real life are amongst the few women that have made me re-consider my orientation, curiously enough...

nevermind those ignorant bastards.

Woollyhats Wrote:All of these X 100.

I hate the shopping one. So. Fucking. Much. About 20% of girls will say "LIKE OMFG WE NEED TO GO SHOPPING GURRRRRRL" when they realize I'm gay. No. It's not happening.

I saw a good come back for it though. Posted below.

[Image: 1549378_462187797219373_871454854_n.png]

GUUUURRRRLRLLLLLL!!!!!
LIke OMG!!!!

I have to remember that one!!!!!

RoflRoflRofl