Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi
It has happened a lot over the years. Is it possible to still be surprised by it anymore?

http://www.advocate.com/politics/politic...eam=social

But wait...That was a new list just compiled by The Advocate and before the ink could even dry, it has happened again.

Yesterday we learned Dennis Hastert, former GOP Speaker of the U.S. House was being indicted for paying someone off to the tune of $3.5 million to keep quiet about something. Today we learned what that something was- paying off a man to keep quiet about sexual misconduct. Hastert voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation in 2007. He voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman in 2006. He voted YES on a Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage in 2004.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...ale_report

Nothing I hate more than these type of men...and I DO mean "hate"
...I rarely truly hate anything or anybody...but I would spit in each of their faces if I had the opportunity...

The damage they did....no words....and the cost to the individuals they hurt with their bullshit...can never be undone....

It is why there is no way I can ever knowingly have sex with..or (gag)...date...a Gay Republican.

We are lucky at GS that we don't have more political talk because if we did...we would attract one of the paid Republican shills to pretend they are gay or bi...to spread talking points.....

The antigay Pastor from Michigan that made news recently, which was the incident that brought about this list on The Advocate, did some horrible damage to people in his congregation:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2232172

While I tend to think these folks are sleazeballs, a few of them did bring up, in their defense that they were representing their constituency in their votes, presumably as opposed to their personal convictions. What is the first commitment of a politician--to personal standards or to the wishes of a constituency? I suspect that if you were to poll the public, you would find varying opinions. An interesting mess.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:While I tend to think these folks are sleazeballs, a few of them did bring up, in their defense that they were representing their constituency in their votes, presumably as opposed to their personal convictions. What is the first commitment of a politician--to personal standards or to the wishes of a constituency? I suspect that if you were to poll the public, you would find varying opinions. An interesting mess.

The problem is...IF they had been honest about who they were...their constituents would have never voted for them. They ended up harming the people who were honest...

My problem with the voting reflecting their constituency excuse some of them have used is that I can almost guarantee you in their careers there were some votes that did not follow the views of their constituency.

im still laughing as I type about the politician who says he had a lapse of jusgment...no kidding, he secretly filmed himself having sex with over a hundred men and got caught lol..
tbh I feel a bit sorry for them

If I knew of any around here I'd make sure they were caught... specially the fundamentalists.

I wouldn't be surprised if God himself got caught out on Grindr one of these days.