Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 the movie or the truth?
So i am going to see 2012 on friday night at a late screening. I was woundering what you guys think, is this a glimpse at whats to come??

I have got the "Well if the world is going to end then what can i do about it" head on about it all so im not going to panic.

But is this anouther Millenium Bug scenario, or have the Myans predicted the end of the world.

I was reading a site and it says the callander they use ticks over like a car odometer, so when it reaches a certain date it restarts. And that the whole world ending thing is a whole misunderstanding.

Or is 2012 the gouvernments trying to prepare us for the end of the world??

Well I have watched all sorts of stuff on the history channel and read a lot about 2012 and nothing legitimately and logically points to there being any truth to the world ending.

It's just a bunch of non sense in my opinion.

I could be wrong but I guess we just have to wait and see.

AtheistHamasexual Wrote:Well I have watched all sorts of stuff on the history channel and read a lot about 2012 and nothing legitimately and logically points to there being any truth to the world ending.

It's just a bunch of non sense in my opinion.

I could be wrong but I guess we just have to wait and see.

*Agrees*

Though if something happens, I say the extraterrestrials will make their presence known...just throwing my two cents in. This is based upon Mayan mythology, such as a great figure bearing the mark of a winged serpant named Quetzaquoatl coming down and imparting wisdom on the ancient, ancient Mayan predecessors. And the fact that people who couldnt possibly know this report being abducted by aliens, and a few have drawn the aliens after reconstructive memory hypnosis (psychologists actually do use this, so this part at least is real :tongue: ) have drawn the aliens in uniforms with badges bearing the symbol of a winged serpent. Perhaps in 2012 they will make themselves fully known to us, as Mayans prophesied that Quetzaquoatl would return from the heavens one day not to bring an end but a new beginning to the world. Hmm sounds familiar.

But seriously...I highly doubt we'll get anything on that day. I'm 99.9 percent sure that absolutely NOTHING will happen. However, should that .1 percent occur, I'm going with above scenario, not the fluff about the earth having a bad case of the runs and destroying humanity Supergrin

I don't doubt that the end of the world, when it does come, will not require such breath-taking or expensive special effects. :tongue:
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Actually, i dun think it's gonna end so soon...
I mean, this is based on the Mayan Calender rite?
I dun think the Mayans could predict this thing.
I mean if they could, wouldn't they still exist as a civilization or something... rather than some kinda ruin...

But anyhow, the world might end. But not in three years time.

The world will not end in a deluge of special effects. It will be a far dirtier affair as we suffocate, drown, poison ourselves, overheat or contract vile illnesses.

Happy Friday 13th everyone.

If it is going to end then I will spend a lot of money and not pay it back and just do what I want. No more paying bills, doing laundry, shopping. That sounds bad but I wonder were we'd all go?

What a great way to make money (movie)!

Well i went and saw the movie last night/ this morning, didnt realise it was so long. Yeh so if the world ends like that then OMFG. Good film but i wouldnt say it was in my top 20 great films. I would say go see it for awsomeness of special effects etc...

But yeh im not going to get myself all worried about it. However if anyone can lend me a space ship it would be greatfully appreciated.

[COLOR="Navy"]I actually wouldn't mind the world ending in 2012...according to news outlets here in the US, Sarah Palin (One time Governor of Alaska, former mayor of Alaska's crystal meth capital, virulent homophobe, and Sen. John McCain's batshit insane running mate in 2008) is plotting a run for President in 2012, and given the Republican Party's gradual shift to the right and the overall absurdity of the average American voter, it could be a possibility that she could end up president in 2012, which may be the end of modern civilization predicted by the Mayans.

Sorry, I really just had to rant...thanks for listening Smile[/COLOR]

Yikes!! How come no one likes poor Obama? I feel bad for him.