Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What'd you get out of 2013?

For me it was flat. But I guess that's mostly my fault. What'd I do. Not much. Where am I heading? I don't know. I hope I can make something of next year. As always I'd very much like to find a guy that isn't either a douche or a push over....
Tho I guess the year after next I'll go do some study try and make something of myself.

Ahh nice thread..

As for me, 2013 is a year of experimentation, exploration and self improvement

At one point I felt its just flat, but to be honest I learned a lot.. Then some bad things happened to me, Im surprised I was not that affected unlike when I was just 18 or 19. Before, whenever i get problems, I curse myself, just wanna die or something. But now, i didnt care at all. I might cry, but tomorrow is another day... the universe moves on so why shouldnt I?

I can say i became more matured in handling my life. I learned to let go of some baggages that have been haunting me for the past years. Its not perfect but a memorable one... Smile

Being in a country that had experienced lots of calamities, i am very thankful after all that Im safe

It had lots of ups and downs to be quite frank.

Highlight of the year was winning all that money that'll make university much less stressful, meeting new people, and getting more involved in my community. Another highlight was also the end of school, which I'm still not sad about. I think I actually did that thing that perfect people do when they pass through big parts of their lives without feeling sad about the past, and instead looking to the future. Yay for me! (actually i think I got sick of high school and was ready to leave Tongue)

Lowlight: I've not yet said much about it, but pretty much the entire second half of the school year, excluding the final few weeks, and a few moments (like the play I was in), has been pretty terrible. I changed my perspective a lot, and honestly wasn't in a very good place a whole lot of the time. I can't remember what I felt so terrible about because it was nothing, I just felt awful and didn't like anything and was mad at everything.

I think I got a bit out of 2013, the biggest bit I got out of it was probably my writing, of which i got a whole lot done, and did things around. So that's nice.

Still didn't get a boyfriend. >.> That's the next goal, after job and licence.

Well 2012 really sucked for me so anything was an improvement for 2013. But it did bring a new house, car and new friends Smile plus right now I'm in a much happier place in my mind than when it began so fingers crossed that 2014 will be much better Smile

This year has been quite intellectually stimulating for me as I join forums such as Gayspeak to read and respond on issues affecting us collectively. Many people share their opinions in ways I have not been exposed to, so it good to learn what other people think. I expect to continue with this for this coming year.
Thank you all, and Happy New Year! Smile

Let me see I got to keep my job...even after the 2012 smashdown with the boss...apparently I'm one of those hard-to-replace workers....yay me...

joined this little piece of safe haven...so far so good..

other than that............

nothing, still on my own.....still alienated from everyone...

largely my fault...

Hmm 2012 was bad, 2013 was a repeat, only different in the bad it took me too.

I went 19 years without drinking, 2013 brought me back to finding peace in a bottle. If this keep going this well in 2014 I most likely will turn to the nirvana in a needle... understand it wasn't just 2013 that lead to my drinking again, 2012 had a lot to do with that.

If I have any more years like the last two this will not end well. Oh it will end, but not well....

I cling to the hope that 2014 will be better.

2013... What an awful year overall, one of the worst so far...

Heartbreak after heartbreak, being treated like shit by people that supposedly cared about me, friends becoming strangers to me, feeling like I lost a part of myself and having it replaced with a more negative version of myself, and more. This is the year that reality really got to me and changed me for the worst... My humor used to be for cheering me and other people up but its now a defense mechanism to try and hide my sadness most of the time. Good thing I can pull off a very convincing yet fake smile.

It wasn't all bad in 2013 though. I made some friends here I suppose and I came out to my friends and family (even though I did it when I was emotionally down and accidentally had an outburst). But I entered 2013 feeling alone and I'll end it just the same, except I'll have my booze to keep me company this time around.

Well I went into Cardiac Arrest from sucking too much dick >,> Lol

I had lots and lots of drama I really didnt want or need, but got anyway, but I always count myself lucky when I wake up Alive and well. Can't be mad at that Wink

Didn't get all I wanted done this year, but I made a lot of new friends, both on here and in real life, it was my first year living on my own, so that was awesome. Kinda crashed and burned at the end, but I'm making it a lesson Wink

I got proposed and Married to Miles, so that was a big highlight for me. Cause I don't normally believe in Marriage, but he is the one so :| .

I started my Dreads this year in February after a year of growing my hair out for them, and they are now down my back and over my shoulders, but I want them to my Elbows :0

A bunch of other shit too, but thats about it ;3

I had a pretty good year. Can't really complain, atleast I'm not in highschool anymore <3 Now that sucked.

2013...well...another year at college...nothing special cause I was fixing what 2012 has done to me, so couldn't realize "great" things. At least I got my driving license and the car, which is one step for being adult, but else it was pretty much routine and I didn't progress that much...supposing I was 21 while entering 2013, I'm still 21 now in my head.

My life will depend on the choices I'll take in 2014 since I graduate this year...I will have to make choices about my future life : stay in France or not? Working? PhD? A step for my adult life. I don't feel ready. Everything go fast. It's exciting but scarying. I hope to live new things, things that will make me grow...
But for things I really want to do, I always say "tomorrow" and I forget that tomorrow it might be too late. But now, I'm not able to take initiatives and decisions to live great things.

I'm too lazy, an asshole. It will change one day for sure, I hope in 2014. I hope I'm going to be someone who dares to talk to people, to communicate, to meet awesome people...when I have the ball, give up everything for one year for a trip around the world.

I know I'm the only one who cares, but it's still good to write that kind of things, knowing where we are in life, life that goes very fast. I turned 18 the day before yesterday, and now I'm about to turn 23. ^^